Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2018, 05:54 AM

Default Workspace Browser and Elastic Audio

Hi folks,

I've just discovered how much of a 0huge difference using Waves Soundshifter and ZplaneAAX is in TC/E. So much cleaner than using the stock default settings, including X-form! I've done some A/B's and can't believe how bad the Avid ones are compared to Soundshifter and others.

For me, I use the Workspace Browser religiously in my projects...it is one of Protools' hidden gems for music production and I actually cant work without it.

Unfortunately, the TC/E settings in the preferences have not migrated over to the Elastic Audio settings (Metronome button) in the WS Browser, so we're still stuck with the crappy algorithms that sound horrible.

The workaround is previewing in Elastic Audio, then turning it off, and dragging into the timeline and then using TC/E to conform afterwards.

Does anyone else want that too or is it just me?

would be great if all could vote on this - https://protools.ideascale.com/a/dtd...a-tab-comments