Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2014, 04:54 PM

Default Moving plug-ins to the "Plug-Ins (Unused)" folder

I have repeatedly selected yes when presented with the dialogue box that says "The following Plug-ins failed to load because they are not valid 64 bit AAX plugins:

Reaktor5.aaxplugin
Solid Bus Comp.aaxplugin
Solid Dynamics.aaxplugin
Transient Master.aaxplugin"

Each time I do so I am advanced to the next dialogue box from which I want to "Open Recent Session". When I try that, invariably Pro Tools freezes up and I have to force quit.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so, has a solution presented itself? Please advise. Thank you very much.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Moving plug-ins to the "Plug-Ins (Unused)" folder

Try removing them manually.

Library/Application Support/Avid/Plugins

Move them to the unused folder.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:18 AM

Default Re: Moving plug-ins to the "Plug-Ins (Unused)" folder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lschultziv View Post
I have repeatedly selected yes when presented with the dialogue box that says "The following Plug-ins failed to load because they are not valid 64 bit AAX plugins:

Reaktor5.aaxplugin
Solid Bus Comp.aaxplugin
Solid Dynamics.aaxplugin
Transient Master.aaxplugin"

Each time I do so I am advanced to the next dialogue box from which I want to "Open Recent Session". When I try that, invariably Pro Tools freezes up and I have to force quit.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so, has a solution presented itself? Please advise. Thank you very much.
It's weird you're getting this; do you have the latest updates for each program installed? Those are valid aax64 plugins. As a matter of fact all current NI plugins are aax64 compatible. Try running NI Service Center and see what you get in the way of downloads. If you get no new downloads you'll have to manually download the latest updates from your NI account to get aax64 support. Make sure when you do that when you run the update make sure to select the aax option in the install as it may not be automatically selected.

QAPLA!