Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2002, 11:24 AM
Space Cabin Audio

Default Multiple Midi trax?

Good morning everybody. I have been up for the last twenty hours working on tunes. Man is recording fun. I have finally got to the Sequence part of the recording, and maybe I am a Midiot, or maybe just overtired, but I cannot get more than one separate midi track. I can record enable as many as I would like, but the only Midi input that works is "ALL". If I use digi all, I get nothing, and if I try to use Digi channel 1 ect, I get even less. I have searched High and Low for the answer to this question, and have found nothing. So I have finally turned to you, the one, the only, DUC.
Oh yeah, I'm using PTLE 5.1.1 on win 98.
Please help, it would save me so much time, and I might also be able to get some sleep.
MMMMMMMMMMMMM coffee. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Kris
May the music move you
Old 10-22-2002, 11:28 AM

Default Re: Multiple Midi trax?

what is the channel number of the instrument that is sending MIDI signals to ProTools, and what MIDI port (i.e A/B/C/D if you have 4 MIDI port interface, only A if you have a one port MIDI interface)?
Once you know the port, you can try all numbers one by one from 1 to 16 if you don't know the instrument channel number. The othe thing to do is to make the MIDI edit track "jumbo" to make sure you're not looking at the wrong octave on the edit display.
Good luck!
3X 500GB 7,200 SATA DRIVES
OSX 10.5.7
PTLE 8.0cs3
Old 10-22-2002, 11:29 AM

Well, it has to do with a lot of things. First off, you can only record on one midi track at a time, so pick one. Then you have to set your midi input device (keyboard, drumpad?) to transmit on that midi channel. Next set the midi input in protools to that channel and the output to whatever midi channel you want to send to. then play and record away. When you're finished un record-enable that track and make a new one. Repeat the above steps for the new track, and so on.

Casey
Old 10-22-2002, 11:35 AM
Space Cabin Audio

thanx for the input guys. Is it not possible to just take the midi out of my sequencer channels, asign them to digi corresponding channels and have them show up separatly. In the manual it says that this is possible. Maybe I misunderstood. Do I need another interface other than the 001 to make that happen?

Kris
May the music move you
Old 10-22-2002, 06:53 PM

Au contraire, mon amie!

It is entirely possible to record multiple midi traxx at the same time. You simply have to hold 'shift' down when you record enable a second, third, or any other amount of midi tracks.

According to DD tech support, this is a bug in PT that DigiDesign decided to rectify in 5.3.1.