How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2018, 01:20 PM

Default Midi tracks playlists now!!!

Ranting mode on:

Simultaneously editing and recording audio and midi tracks is a real nightmare!!

- Why don't whe have midi playlists?
- Why when recording audio and midi tracks together they won't have the same start and end time?
- Why when undoing the recording of audio and midi together, the newly recorded midi region won't be deleted?
- Why after that, midi takes won't keep the same consecutive numbering as audio takes?
- Why the shortcut for vertically moving an audio region is not the same for midi

Ranting mode off:

Amazing isn't it?

Please tell me I'm an idiot and all of the above can be done and I just need to read the manual!
Old 11-21-2018, 03:56 AM

Default Re: Midi tracks playlists now!!!

This MIDI deficiency is serious, but real. Avid would have little to do to improve its MIDI (which still has nice things), but it does not.

1) Playlists (urgent!)
2) Spread functional panels functionally, not with antique pull-down menus. It would take a big general picture.
3) To allow, for other languages, the names of notes in solfeggio (do, re, mi, fa, sol, la, si), on the keyboard and elsewhere.
4) Allow sending to Sibelius with controllers (and advanced options)

Note: for your audio-midi sync problems, you can check two things: the time base of the two tracks, which may not follow each tempo. + Understand that the midi files add up in the list of files on the right and that it is the last version which is visible and audible, so maybe not the right one according to your chosen audio (forgive my english badly translated).
  • Mac Studio M2 Ultra 2023. 2T. 128 Go. + 2X 4 T NVMe ext.
  • AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.40 GHz 64 Go, full SSD

• Roland V-Piano, Novation 88
  • Etc.
  • www.claudemarcbourget.com