Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 05-13-2018, 02:54 PM

Default License not showing up in Ilok manager - First time user - new to this - bare wit me

I know this question has probably been answered before in some shape or form but I'm speaking as a new user to pro tools meaning I'm not coming from a upgrade. I'm running a MacOS High Sierra version 10.13.4.

I have protools perpetual that came with a ilok 3. I followed all of the steps. I activated the pro tools activation card that came with it. Where do I find the license activation number? I DL'ed the Ilok License manager. The manager recognizes my ilok but no license. I see where you can put the license 30 numeric redeem code but where do I get this code??
Old 05-15-2018, 03:11 AM

Default Re: License not showing up in Ilok manager - First time user - new to this - bare wit

In your Avid Account, you must link it to your ILOK Account.
I think, the normal way is, that you activate Protools with the card, which was with in the box. Then Avid will deposit the Protools Licence on your Ilok Account. Then, you can move this licence to your ILOK3....
Old 05-16-2018, 09:41 PM

Default Re: License not showing up in Ilok manager - First time user - new to this - bare wit

Welcome to the community.

I see you have 2 iLok User IDs, and your licenses are in the one that uses your email address as the ID. You can move your iLok over to that account (if it's empty) or activate your licenses to iLok Cloud.