Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2008, 07:14 AM

Default Recording shuttle sound

Hi
Is there any way of recording within pro tools the effect of varispeeding / shuttling the timeline.
I hold ctrl and Alt and use the mouse, but how can I record this variable affect.
Peter
Old 02-21-2008, 07:40 AM

Default Re: Recording shuttle sound

You can tell that you are a former Audiofile user.

As far as I know, it's not possible to do this. I usually do it the old fashioned way and record to a DAT machine and then play that back into Protools. It's the only use my DAT machine gets these days. If I were smart, I'd record into my PC that I use for email, which sits just to my right, and then just copy the newly created file over the network.

-Richard

www.TakomaMedia.com
Old 02-21-2008, 05:58 PM

I record srubbing effects to either my hardware sampler or a second system when available.

You could try using TapeIt if you have the VST to RTAS converter by FXpansion , or try OpD2d , though that may not work as I don't think it would be able to access the output of DAE, so you might have to physically patch your hardware outputs into your motherboard sound card.

You Could also try Audio Hijack for Mac.

Hope that helps.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:56 AM

Hi Peter and as a side note many thanks for passing on my details to Big Bang, they now have my logic 3 and audiofile and I am concentrating on PT.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:55 AM

Do you own an extra computer, or know anyone with a computer that has any type of music software that shuttles and scrubs? If you do.... use that as your source sound and record it into PT....simple....
Old 02-24-2008, 12:27 AM

i believe i used to be able to record protools shuttle transport sounds into Serato Scratch.

www.tompaul.com
Old 02-24-2008, 03:21 AM

Bouncing out and back in is the only way Ive been able to get it done, but I was asking if it can be done internally. Seems not, at least not within PT.
Peter
Old 03-11-2008, 10:58 AM

try this plug

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...00&itemid=4991

records everything out the 2mix into your ram, and then you can drop it back into protools
Old 03-11-2008, 11:39 AM

do you know for sure that snaptricity records shuttling/varispeed effects? It would seem to me like it just records things that can be recorded via the record button... They don't specifically mention on the site either way that I could find...
Old 03-11-2008, 12:35 PM

Quote:
do you know for sure that snaptricity records shuttling/varispeed effects? It would seem to me like it just records things that can be recorded via the record button... They don't specifically mention on the site either way that I could find...
From what I can see the plug-in is an audio buffer for anything passing through it. Although you are right that it does not talk about the original poster's needs, it would stand to reason that anything coming down the 2-bus output would be buffered for up to 15-minutes and available for insertion into a session.

At least that's my read of the thing. Looks cool either way.