Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Fastest Way to Replace iLok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Couldn't find any accounts based on your User Name or community email address to check this out. Pls reply with your Avid support case # or start one following the Broken iLoks section here.
Hi Jeff, I tried to PM my Avid e-mail for this but looks like you're not setup to receive PMs here. Any way I can send you my info privately?
Old 07-04-2017, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the iLok drivers? Is there another machine you can test the iLok in? OTT, if you really needed something fast like tomorrow, you can get the new iLok and then buy a 30 day subscription to use until yours is sorted out. Or, if you can work with PT11, you can get a free trial for 30 days on the Avid site.
Hi Chuck, when you say 30-day subscription, you mean of PT? What are the details for doing that? And would that interfere with my current PT12.5 license?

Thanks
Old 07-04-2017, 03:35 PM

Yes, a 30 day subscription for PT, but under Jeffro's link for a broken iLok case it looks like Avid would provide the 30 day license for free.

Broken iLoks

File a Broken iLok RMA through iLok.com. (If you do not have an iLok account, you can create one for free.)
You will need to ship the iLok to PACE Anti-Piracy for repair. If the iLok is damaged beyond repair, PACE will send a new iLok to you.
If you have a back-up iLok and are registered, Avid Audio can deposit 30-day temporary iLok licenses for use while the iLok is in repair. You will need to provide the iLok RMA number to Customer Service in a new web case through the Support Center in order to receive temporary licenses.
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1
Old 07-04-2017, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Couldn't find any accounts based on your User Name or community email address to check this out. Pls reply with your Avid support case # or start one following the Broken iLoks section here.
Hey Jeff... sent you a PM reply with my info. Feel free to lmk how to proceed when you can. Thanks so much!

Last edited by jeffro; 07-05-2017 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Support Case 03240714.
Closed Thread