Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 08-08-2017, 06:59 PM

Default App Manager Forced Me to Wipe Out My Mac

This sucks . I downloaded the Media Composer First Software and the App Manager bogged down my whole computer I had no other option but to wipe out my whole system. So I lost all my data including my Pro Tools How do I re install it the upgrade will not allow me to it thinks this is a new computer\
Can anyone Help ???
Old 08-08-2017, 07:12 PM

Default Re: App Manager Forced Me to Wipe Out My Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeLeon View Post
This sucks . I downloaded the Media Composer First Software and the App Manager bogged down my whole computer I had no other option but to wipe out my whole system. So I lost all my data including my Pro Tools How do I
re install it the upgrade will not allow me to it thinks this is a new computer\
Can anyone Help ???
help us help you ... welcome to the DUC

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=300050

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 08-08-2017, 07:32 PM

Welcome to the community and sorry to hear you are having trouble.

You can download the Pro Tools installer from my.avid.com > My Products and Subscriptions > Crossgrade from PT MP > Product Details and Download Links > Show
Old 08-08-2017, 07:50 PM

I don't know where to find the installers. I can not find where to download pro tools
Old 08-08-2017, 07:54 PM

I have the PT 9 disc and the crossgrade card with activation code but it won't let me use it . It says was used already . I m the owner Hahaha
Old 08-08-2017, 08:38 PM

Quote:
I don't know where to find the installers. I can not find where to download pro tools
I searched by your email address used here in community and found an account with a few products including the Crossgrade from PT MP. Please sign in and follow the path I provided in my previous post.
Quote:
I have the PT 9 disc and the crossgrade card with activation code but it won't let me use it . It says was used already . I m the owner Hahaha
That code is only used once to add the product to your account. It looks like you already did that so please sign into your account to download the software installer.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:32 PM

Thank you I am so bummed that I have this issue
Old 08-11-2017, 06:21 PM

I keep going in circles can not download my software or installers
what is going on ?
Old 08-11-2017, 06:40 PM

Default App Manager Forced Me to Wipe Out My Mac

What is going on? Only you know that. How can folks help you when you provide no information and just keep saying stuff does not work. Or what exact error messages you ever got or how/why any application manager forced you to do anything. Or why you can't download installers in your Avid account (what exact products do you see in the account... post screenshots). You can't find them or you can't download them?

If Media Composer app manager is anything like the piece of crap Pro Tools one you are better off uninstalling it.

Where is your last working backup, why can't you roll back to that?

(Edit: sorry I see you are on a Mac)

What exact OS is the computer running, what exact version of Pro Tools was installed before? You literally wiped the OS disk and did a full clean install? What exact OS release was installed before and what exact OS version did you reinstall?

The big thing that does not make sense here is Pro Tools 9 is only supported (and installable) on older versions of OS X, and unlikely ones that support current Media Composer. So again, what exact versions of stuff are you using?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 08-11-2017 at 07:04 PM.
Old 08-12-2017, 02:48 PM

Your right on with that man. I have not provided any info only gripes. Thanks for pointing that out for me. So here goes ... I am running Mac Sierra 10.12.6.
I had Pro Tool 12 from I have my Ilok manager updated and all my pro tools folder are backed up on an external hard drive . When I was forced to wipe out my computer . I lost everything saved on it. Now I can't figure out how to re install pro tools I went to the Avid website but I don't know where to install what I lost , including all my plug ins. In my products folder I see all the things I purchased , but it won't allow me to open any of them