Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #271  
Old 04-20-2014, 11:51 PM
surstromming surstromming is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sweden, Stockholm
Posts: 78
Default Re: Delay Compensation Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmooveTaste View Post
That is what I meant. I will try it when I get a chance. Thanks for replying.
I realise now that my reply was not very clear.
What i should have said was that if you just use superior or EZ drummer etc on a stereo instrument track you won't have any issues.
In that case ADC will compensate for plugin delay. (As far as I have seen at least)

It's only when you start routing kick and snare etc out on separate tracks and use plugin that causes delay on any of those tracks that the issue occurs.

Sorry that I wasn't clear in my first reply.

Best regards,
Markus
__________________
Windows 10
Intel core i7 4790k, 16Gb ram
MacBook Pro Retina 13" late 2013 OSX 10.12
Intel Core i5 2,4 GHz 8GB
Pro Tools 2018.4
Eleven Rack + Expansion pack
RME Fireface UCX
Reply With Quote
  #272  
Old 04-21-2014, 07:05 AM
Eric Lambert's Avatar
Eric Lambert Eric Lambert is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,780
Default Re: Delay Compensation Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by surstromming View Post
I realise now that my reply was not very clear.
What i should have said was that if you just use superior or EZ drummer etc on a stereo instrument track you won't have any issues.
In that case ADC will compensate for plugin delay. (As far as I have seen at least)

It's only when you start routing kick and snare etc out on separate tracks and use plugin that causes delay on any of those tracks that the issue occurs.

Sorry that I wasn't clear in my first reply.

Best regards,
Markus
And under that scenario, it seems that the delay will be compensated for to an extent, though to what degree I don't know -- I haven't taken the time to look into it further. I do know that, under that scenario, the actual delay of the sound during playback does not seem to match the sample delay reported to PT, shown below the track. So there's inconsistency there, too.
Reply With Quote
  #273  
Old 04-21-2014, 08:02 AM
surstromming surstromming is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sweden, Stockholm
Posts: 78
Default Re: Delay Compensation Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
And under that scenario, it seems that the delay will be compensated for to an extent, though to what degree I don't know -- I haven't taken the time to look into it further. I do know that, under that scenario, the actual delay of the sound during playback does not seem to match the sample delay reported to PT, shown below the track. So there's inconsistency there, too.
I don't agree with you on this.
The delay doesn't get compensated for even with plugins that is causing only a small amount of delay.
Its just much harder to hear, but its there.

Neither have I seen the inconsistency you are talking about.

Best regards,
Markus
__________________
Windows 10
Intel core i7 4790k, 16Gb ram
MacBook Pro Retina 13" late 2013 OSX 10.12
Intel Core i5 2,4 GHz 8GB
Pro Tools 2018.4
Eleven Rack + Expansion pack
RME Fireface UCX
Reply With Quote
  #274  
Old 04-21-2014, 10:20 AM
ghostwriter's Avatar
ghostwriter ghostwriter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 746
Default Re: Delay Compensation Bug

I am very disappointed to say that none of the workarounds posted work with Steven Slate Drums 4.
This is such BS.
Reply With Quote
  #275  
Old 04-21-2014, 10:25 AM
surstromming surstromming is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sweden, Stockholm
Posts: 78
Default Re: Delay Compensation Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostwriter View Post
I am very disappointed to say that none of the workarounds posted work with Steven Slate Drums 4.
This such BS.
I don't have Slate drums, so it's hard for me to help.
But I'm going to give it a try

But can you tell me exactly how you have set it all up?
A screen shot of your mixer might help.

And can you tell me which of the workaround a you have tried?

Best regards,
Markus
__________________
Windows 10
Intel core i7 4790k, 16Gb ram
MacBook Pro Retina 13" late 2013 OSX 10.12
Intel Core i5 2,4 GHz 8GB
Pro Tools 2018.4
Eleven Rack + Expansion pack
RME Fireface UCX
Reply With Quote
  #276  
Old 04-21-2014, 10:28 AM
ghostwriter's Avatar
ghostwriter ghostwriter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 746
Default Re: Delay Compensation Bug

I appreciate your offer to help. I have tried them all. No matter which way they are routed there is delay.
Reply With Quote
  #277  
Old 04-21-2014, 10:11 PM
Intransit Intransit is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 554
Default Re: Delay Compensation Bug

I can't believe this has over 10,000 views and no comment from Avid.
Reply With Quote
  #278  
Old 04-22-2014, 01:44 AM
Mitchel Mitchel is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 193
Default Re: Delay Compensation Bug

+1
Reply With Quote
  #279  
Old 04-22-2014, 03:08 AM
Joram Joram is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 12
Default Re: Delay Compensation Bug

+1
Reply With Quote
  #280  
Old 04-22-2014, 09:20 PM
Carl Sealove Carl Sealove is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posts: 90
Default Re: Delay Compensation Bug

Bump
__________________
Sealove
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
major PT11 delay compensation weirdness. frozenintime macOS 18 02-18-2015 05:38 AM
LE delay compensation plug ins nossnevs 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 4 10-14-2007 11:57 AM
Plug-in Delay Compensation Nard 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 18 10-03-2006 05:18 PM
Plug-In Delay Compensation guitar131 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) 9 10-31-2005 03:31 PM
Plug In Delay Compensation tj_davies Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) 7 09-29-2004 11:51 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:20 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com