Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 07-25-2018, 01:05 PM

Default Plugin authorization issues (7058) in certain projects

I am somewhat at the end of my whits.

I've been running this rig with pretty solid performance for a long time. I've never gotten completely flummoxed by a problem. I don't add tons of plugins all the time. I'm pretty conservative with updating things. I use this rig all the time.

Win 7 SP1, I7 3770K, 16 gigs of ram, SSD for OS and apps, RAID for audio. I don't use samples in regular practice.

I have a group of mixes from a project that are giving me errors upon opening them that certain plugins aren't authorized and that the licensing software isn't running. Ironically, it's the bundled Pro Tools plugins like EQ1, but also Ozone 6 was pretty consistently also showing up as unauthorized. Sonnox also seemed to have some occasional issues. Other plugins were consistently fine, like Slate, Sound Toys and some others. The mixes would play but obviously those plugins were deactivated.

These problems seemed to occcur after I updated my ilok management software but they weren't absolutely immediately after that software was updated earlier in the week. I opened, closed and saved several iterations of these mixes since then. Last night it became impossible to proceed without one headache after another.

I don't exactly know what the problem is. My ilok is installed, my authorizations are there. I uninstalled the last update of the ilok software and reinstalled the older version that was installed before the problems. I reinstalled Ozone 6. This morning Ozone wasn't giving me issues after reinstalling. The other plugins continued to pester. I don't know what is going on.
Old 07-26-2018, 05:57 AM

Default Re: Plugin authorization issues (7058) in certain projects

Is it safe to assume that you re-installed the other plugs giving you issues?

Another thing I would probably try at this point is to move the plugins from the used folder to the un-used folder, open and close PT, reboot, put the plugs back in place and start PT.

Another thing to try is something called CCleaner. It's a utility that cleans up cookies(and other things) and registry settings. There is a free version and it does just fine.

There is also DUC user Guitardom's utility called "Trasher". This is a super handy application that helps one get all of the behind the scenes settings that could be suffering from internal conflict back to a stable state.

And lastly, sometimes PT itself needs to simply be re-installed. I'm pretty sure uninstalled first is still the preferred procedure.

Good Luck!!!
Old 07-26-2018, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Plugin authorization issues (7058) in certain projects

I was able to do some deactivation/reactivation hijinks to get things going functionally again. The problem still exists but the show-stopping nature has been cut down to having somewhat quick workarounds. It will get me through the next few days or so to finish one set of mixes and complete tracking for another record. At that point I'll take more drastic steps. I don't want to goof up my workflow too much.

One thing about uninstalling and re-installing pro tools: I have a fairly complex I/O setup that took a long time to refine with all my outboard equipment. Is there a configuration file I can preserve to make returning to that setup more seamless? Or does that have to go in order to restart freshly again?