Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2003, 02:34 PM

Default is there latency when using midi time code or midi clock(im still new at this)

i know using the mbox and doing overdubs with vocals your gona get around 164 samples of latency something around there but i wanted to know if i was gona use the mbox with my mpc and my midi sport 1x1 and use midi time code or midi clock should i look for latency in my tracks or should they all line up and play all on beat. im stil new with pro tools but i wanted to get a answer about this before i get started.
P.s. all im tring to do is just take all my tracks that are in the mpc and put them on its own track in pro tools using the mbox and a midi interface. so i want to know if doing this will my track still be off once i play it back.
Old 03-14-2003, 01:32 PM

Default Re: is there latency when using midi time code or midi clock(im still new at this)

ok i feel ya thanks for your tip too but when you say you have to bounce tracks twice what do you mean cause the word bounce can be so universal...just like the word mastering when doing recordings.
Old 03-14-2003, 03:04 PM

Default Re: is there latency when using midi time code or midi clock(im still new at this)

He means record two tracks at one - assuming you only have the stereo out on your MPC. If you have the 8 out on the MPC you can assign whatever you want to the outputs and record more than 2 tracks at once in PT...
Old 03-14-2003, 04:56 PM

ok im not trying come off as a fool but when you say record two tracks at once are you saying put two tracks thats coming out the mpc on one track in pro tools cause if so then i know it will be on snyc then. my main goal is to also record all my track thats comoing out of my motif thats seq with the mpc on its own track...but yall have help me alot i know i can get it all down with trial and error.
Old 03-14-2003, 11:46 PM

You only have an MBox.. so you can only transfer a maximum of 2 tracks at a time... create either 2 mono audio tracks or 1 stereo audio track and do multiple passes. It would be better if you could do the transfers via SPDIF.

Remember tho' my warning in the other thread.. the MBox doesn't synch correctly with MTC and SPDIF under XP.. so be prepared to have to shift the audio to line it up in Pro Tools.

You may want to put a crosstick at the top of the song across all transfers so you can line up the multiple passes.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 03-15-2003, 10:18 AM

once again more of the "i dont know what you are talking about" but im gona have to dig into the owners book and get a good grip on pro tools i see. but thanks again to all of yall..