Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2019, 04:51 PM

Default Re: Insert changes not showing up (Logic Pro X)

Also done.
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 09-16-2019, 08:46 AM

I sadly have had this same problem. I have an iMac Pro running OS X 10.14.6 and Logic Pro X 10.4.6. The Avid Control and the Dock really do not work with Logic at all. I have tried everything: different networks, the iPad camera ethernet adapter, restarting Logic, restarting the iPad, turning them on in different orders, etc.

It really would be nice if this works. The Control app with the Dock is a joy to use when it works, but sadly, after a lot of effort, it really does not.

This might be an Apple bug or an Avid bug, but since this issue has been around for over 2 years, Avid really should stop advertising the Dock as compatible with Logic. It is not, at least not right now.

I have reduced almost all my plugins to just built-in Logic plugins because I am tired of spending so much time on plugin management, device logistics and compatibility. The goal is to create and mix great music, not to manage plug-ins and devices. And the Logic plugins work great.

I am going with the Behringer X Touch and will see how it goes. It is not nearly as nice as the dock, but I just need it to work. If anyone finds a solution once and for all to this problem, I would go back to the Dock.

Perhaps Avid should just build a Mackie Control version of the Dock. It seems like Mackie Control is solid in Logic compared with EuControl.

Thanks.
Old 09-16-2019, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3groove View Post
I sadly have had this same problem. I have an iMac Pro running OS X 10.14.6 and Logic Pro X 10.4.6. The Avid Control and the Dock really do not work with Logic at all. I have tried everything: different networks, the iPad camera ethernet adapter, restarting Logic, restarting the iPad, turning them on in different orders, etc.

It really would be nice if this works. The Control app with the Dock is a joy to use when it works, but sadly, after a lot of effort, it really does not.

This might be an Apple bug or an Avid bug, but since this issue has been around for over 2 years, Avid really should stop advertising the Dock as compatible with Logic. It is not, at least not right now.

I have reduced almost all my plugins to just built-in Logic plugins because I am tired of spending so much time on plugin management, device logistics and compatibility. The goal is to create and mix great music, not to manage plug-ins and devices. And the Logic plugins work great.

I am going with the Behringer X Touch and will see how it goes. It is not nearly as nice as the dock, but I just need it to work. If anyone finds a solution once and for all to this problem, I would go back to the Dock.

Perhaps Avid should just build a Mackie Control version of the Dock. It seems like Mackie Control is solid in Logic compared with EuControl.

Thanks.
On the topic of plugin selection - the problem with Mackie is that it does not see Logic's plugin folders hierarchy - so you have to pour through your whole plugin catalog to get to the one you want and the display/character count does not make it easy to identify. Way too much work to find a plugin.

When you say Eucon doesn't work with Logic - you are referring to this insert display issue correct? The rest of Eucon features works with Logic it seems from my experience.

But I agree this insert display and freezing issue needs to be resolved.