Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 06-17-2013, 04:01 PM

Default ¡HELP! Pro tools 9 Crashes (Mac X lion) ¡HELP!

Hi guys, I'm having terrible problems with protools 9 on mac. Let me introduce you my problem....

2 weeks ago I was working on pro tools as any one of us will be, I finished my session, I saved it and when I finish I close protools. Everything was normal.
The next day I opened protools from the app louncher, It startup loading al the i/o setting, plugins and all that stuff, then when it supposed to end and open the main window, the window closed ant one window prompt and says ''an error has ocurred''. I say, well lets try it again, I opened again from louncher, and the same thing happend, what the hell...

I opened a saved session from my files, and it worked well, it opened normally, so I wanted to open a new session I needed to do it from otherer session, but why?

This problem grew up so quicky, about 3 days later most of my sessions mark the same error when protools lounch it self, about 20 session I haved just 3 end working. I start thinking about a virus on my mac, but how is that posible If I`ve never conect it to Ethernet by the same reasson, and I dont let anybody even get close to it.

So I decided to uninstall protools from the uninstaller app that came in the installation disk, I lounch it and protools was gone I erease all the data of it, I just backup my sessions on a external disk.

I installed all over again. Everything looks ok, my mac reboot againg normally, I look for protools 9 on the louncher, but when I try to open it, a small window promp, and says '' this version of protools is not compatible whith this mac X lion / protools 9.0.'', So whats going on?!, Why it says that it isn`t compatible whit this mac If 2 days ago I was working well.

So theres is my problem and I can`t fix it yet. I someone knows somthing about this issue, please helpme, I have alot of things to finish with protools.

Thanks.

Last edited by bullracing; 06-17-2013 at 04:41 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:25 AM

Default Re: ¡HELP! Pro tools 9 Crashes (Mac X lion) ¡HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullracing View Post
Hi guys, I'm having terrible problems with protools 9 on mac. Let me introduce you my problem....

2 weeks ago I was working on pro tools as any one of us will be, I finished my session, I saved it and when I finish I close protools. Everything was normal.
The next day I opened protools from the app louncher, It startup loading al the i/o setting, plugins and all that stuff, then when it supposed to end and open the main window, the window closed ant one window prompt and says ''an error has ocurred''. I say, well lets try it again, I opened again from louncher, and the same thing happend, what the hell...

I opened a saved session from my files, and it worked well, it opened normally, so I wanted to open a new session I needed to do it from otherer session, but why?

This problem grew up so quicky, about 3 days later most of my sessions mark the same error when protools lounch it self, about 20 session I haved just 3 end working. I start thinking about a virus on my mac, but how is that posible If I`ve never conect it to Ethernet by the same reasson, and I dont let anybody even get close to it.

So I decided to uninstall protools from the uninstaller app that came in the installation disk, I lounch it and protools was gone I erease all the data of it, I just backup my sessions on a external disk.

I installed all over again. Everything looks ok, my mac reboot againg normally, I look for protools 9 on the louncher, but when I try to open it, a small window promp, and says '' this version of protools is not compatible whith this mac X lion / protools 9.0.'', So whats going on?!, Why it says that it isn`t compatible whit this mac If 2 days ago I was working well.

So theres is my problem and I can`t fix it yet. I someone knows somthing about this issue, please helpme, I have alot of things to finish with protools.

Thanks.
when you reinstalled PT9 did you update to PT9.0.6?

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...nload/en428011
Old 06-18-2013, 07:08 AM

I remember that when I haved the protools 9 on my computer says 9.0.(#) I dont remember the las number, but it has one ion there. And when I install it again, qhen the error promt its says 9.0. , theres no last number.

I guess theres the problem.

I will check it out. Thanks guatamas.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:01 PM

Ok, I finished all the intallation process I autalize protools 9.0.0 to 9.0.6, protools opened normally but I came to the same point this start up, it crashes when it loads the plugins exactly on Xpand!, If i remove it the protools crashes on otherer pluging.

This is driving me crazy!