Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2002, 10:34 PM

Default Stone Knife

The purpose of this message board isn't to be rude, but rather to educate and help assist those in resolving real issues. Believe it or not everyone is'nt as savy with PTLE as Stone Knife. So listen butter knife if you don't want to answer don't answer, but if you do please lets be informative and not silly. As you can see we all can be silly but this isn't the place for it. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

If everyone knew what the hell they were doing we wouldn't need a fine UC as this.

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2002, 10:59 PM

Default Re: Stone Knife

Excuse me, sir. I guess you didn't recieve my apology in your e-mail, or read the other one further down the thread.

That being the case, let me reprint them here:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR> Hi MP3K;

I do apologise- It was not your question on the Digi Forum per se, but all the ones that came before, really. I should have posted seperately rather than let you take the 'heat'. That was rude of me and probably off-putting to anybody.

Please know the Users are an OK and helpful bunch and you're welcome at the DUC.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

and the one from the thread:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR> IanS and 8mm are right- What's more, in hindsight, I should have posted separately so's to not reflect poorly on Musichead's question. It had nothing to do with his particular question. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 03-10-2002, 11:23 PM

turn that [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] upside down [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

can't we all just get along?
Old 03-10-2002, 11:26 PM

sorry musichead i'm with stone and his faq list. it started as a joke, but i guarantee a lot of the "repeat" questions on the DUC will be referred to stones faq list. his answers on that list are not bs, and it will save a lot of time to simply type "#2 on stones faq list". i encourage people to add to the list. if we stay away from "joke" answers, i think this could be a great a time saver. as a matter of fact, i want to add the ga7dxr and asus a7v266e are the top performers running athlon cpu's. lastly, i did see his apology to you, no need to name call, and dont be afraid to ask questions in the future. if you get refered to the faq list, read the answer, it may help. if it doesnt, then ask again.
Old 03-11-2002, 12:28 AM

Musichead,

i was quite impressed with how Stoneknife handled the situation. i had my first post deleted last week when replying to a topic where somebody asked about winxp support with the 001. Had the person taken 2 seconds to look at the message board (2 or 3 posts down with almost the same exact topic line), then he would have saved himself emberrasment (sp) and along with a lot of trouble. i (as well as everybody else now) know that you are new here, and for the most part we have a great community here (as a topic here states) but the board is here to answer new questions as well as serve as a reference for old questions. In your case you asked an 9 month old question (yes people started asking about xp support before xp came out), and you could have easily found an answer in a search, or looked down 2 or 3 posts to find the answer.

Please dont be discouraged because this happened to you (you are not the first), also know that here is one of the best places to find answers to any music based question (not limited to avid or digi). One other thing, most folks here have a great sense of humor, so take most posts with a grain of salt. Just to let you know, i would drop this issue if at all possible and either delete this thread or hope that it dies really fast.

Christian
Old 03-11-2002, 05:57 AM

Stone Knife your right I didn't get your apology, thank you. The whole idea of user conferences is to help and assist. Its normal for people to have the same questions. Even though I can understand your point and your reasoning, that list was surely put togeter out of frustration. Oh yeah, not everyone is keen on the search some of these users like myself haven't been using this that long. Secondly I did a search on winxp after someone recommended and the only topic that came up was my own and another that wasn't too helpful. Its nothing personal, but lets not turn this UC into Micky Dees, fast food answers. If that were the case of this user conference I wouldn't be getting a new AMD PC.

thanx [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2002, 10:51 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Musichead:
...Secondly I did a search on winxp after someone recommended and the only topic that came up was my own and another that wasn't too helpful....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would suggest that you go back and try that search again. This time make sure you search in the right section. There are many threads re: WinXP. There must be something that you are doing wrong when you set up your search. My search in the PTLE section alone came up with 87 threads! One of them is titled "Pro Tools LE Beta Test for Windows XP"

The search function on this UC has been very helpful for me.