Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2011, 12:20 PM

Default Re: No Echo Farm AAX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AINSLIE View Post
Every mix I have done in the last 10 years has EchoFarm in it. Thats 1000's of sessions This will screw my chances for recall. If this doesn't change either I will

1. have to keep a legacy system active,
2. simply not upgrade, or
3. resign myself to the loss of recallability.

The 3rd option will take a couple years overlap on a new system before I am able to let it go.

A
I'm with you on this one.
I have years of sessions & know other producers who use Echofarm all the time, who send me sessions I need to open.
It would be great if they were to port Echo Farm & Amp Farm over to AAX, but lets be realistic, it's not going to happen IMO.

Thanks for the replies about Pod Farm. At least this may be an option to replace them in new sessions.
I'm going to try the demo & attempt to replicate some Echo Farm settings & parameter automation using Pod Farm.
I own & use Echoboy amongst other options, but I still love Echo Farm for a lot of things.

Sorry to hear about the 200 Avid employees being let go.

Greg
Old 10-27-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwasserman View Post
Well considering issues like this: http://www.protoolerblog.com/2011/10...200-people-go/

I wonder what will happen to certain 'redevelopment' projects such as Echo Farm.
Article mentions marketing and support staff cuts. I suspect the video side is more affected. Does not mention development cuts. Also if we the user base are prepared to pay for it (I.e Echo Farm update), its a no brainier to retain the client and income and do it.

While I'm at it - STOP the whining on price, and stop the cracking. These companies need income to keep giving us new and stable goodies. Personally I am cool with paying for updates - I don't expect them to keep working forever for free because i paid a license once. The existing gear does what it was advertised to do. New features, new $$$ or stay with what you have already paid for if you can't afford it.

I am concerned that development is hurt by a lack of paying customers. Please - if they cease to exist it hurts us all. I am a Scrooge with money, but I want my software developers to be here tomorrow so I will pay the upgrades without giving them grief about it.

Vent done.

Thankyou AVID for pushing forward and giving us new technology.

Ainslie
Old 10-27-2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digidesigner View Post
Avid, EchoFarm absolutely must be converted to AAX!!
2nd!
Old 11-10-2011, 11:32 AM

Default Re: No Echo Farm AAX? Pod Farm 2?

I just tried Pod Farm 2 (2.5 said it would not install on my PPC Mac G5)

After comparing Echo Farm TDM in Pro Tools 8 to Pod Farm 2 delays, some are very similar, but some of my favorites are missing. Can anyone tell me is these exist in Pod Farm 2.5, or if Line6/Avid are planning on adding these or converting this plugin to AAX format?

Maestro® EP-1 Tube Echoplex

Maestro® EP-3 Echoplex

Electro-Harmonix® Deluxe Memory Man

T.C. Electronic® 2290 Dynamic Delay

From all I've read, the TDM versions will be dead using Pro Tools HDX or PT10 , as there was never a RTAS version of Echo Farm made (& Amp Farm), & Avid/Digidesign are not planning to convert it to AAX format as far as I know.

I own Echoboy, which is amazing, but I'm really going to miss Echo Farm, not to mention will not be able to recall 100's of sessions once I've moved onto PT10/11 & HDX. May be worth keeping an old PT rig, but then I thought about the authorizations, iLok etc! Opening every session & printing Echo Farm/Amp Farm? That should only take a few weeks!

Last edited by chocoholic; 11-10-2011 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Deleted some strange gearslutz GIF
Old 11-11-2011, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocoholic View Post
I just tried Pod Farm 2 (2.5 said it would not install on my PPC Mac G5)

After comparing Echo Farm TDM in Pro Tools 8 to Pod Farm 2 delays, some are very similar, but some of my favorites are missing. Can anyone tell me is these exist in Pod Farm 2.5, or if Line6/Avid are planning on adding these or converting this plugin to AAX format?

Maestro® EP-1 Tube Echoplex

Maestro® EP-3 Echoplex

Electro-Harmonix® Deluxe Memory Man

T.C. Electronic® 2290 Dynamic Delay

From all I've read, the TDM versions will be dead using Pro Tools HDX or PT10 , as there was never a RTAS version of Echo Farm made (& Amp Farm), & Avid/Digidesign are not planning to convert it to AAX format as far as I know.

I own Echoboy, which is amazing, but I'm really going to miss Echo Farm, not to mention will not be able to recall 100's of sessions once I've moved onto PT10/11 & HDX. May be worth keeping an old PT rig, but then I thought about the authorizations, iLok etc! Opening every session & printing Echo Farm/Amp Farm? That should only take a few weeks!
Or you could go through each session and record down the delay.
Just an idea...

Marc
New System: Macbook Pro M1 Max/16 gigs of Ram/Monterey/3 UAD Quad Satellites/2 PCIe Quad UAD cards/Waves Digigrid/Antelope Zen Pro/OWC 3 Slot Thunderbolt PCIe unit/Over 1400 plugins (Beta Tester for 15 different companies)

YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaZYp2wNomc
Old 11-11-2011, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2E View Post
Or you could go through each session and record down the delay.
Just an idea...

Marc
You are joking right? EchoFarm has been sold for us for years, everyone has it and most are using, I'm throwing it on everywhere and not as send-return but as an insert as well... there are typically 4, 5 or more of them going on.

EchoFarm must be converted to AAX or this will be one of the first major backward compatibility issue with Pro Tools. Digidesign did care, then again, Avid might be something else...
Old 11-12-2011, 11:43 PM

Smile Re: No Echo Farm AAX?

Yeah, now that you mention it, Echo Farm (& Amp Farm) have been around so long now & included in many bundles, so you would think it would be on Avid's list of plugins to convert to AAX format. It's one of my favorites, & other producers I know often use many for inserts, plus it's somewhat efficient for DSP on TDM.

DigiTechSupt ?

Any news on Avid's plan for this & other plugins would be appreciated. Maybe there's a list somewhere on this site, listing "Legacy Plugins" for HDX & versions of PT past v10 ?

After trying Line6' Pod Farm 2, I can't see getting the same results, plus we're looking at NO RECALLS in future versions of PT10 on HDX systems.

Printing 100's of archived sessions using Echo Farm/Amp Farm is not a realistic option.

Please announce AAX versions!
Old 11-13-2011, 06:00 AM

I have a few friends at Avid, and they haven't seen any sign of a AAX version of EchoFarm.

I can learn to mix without it, but every mix I've ever done has at least 2 Echo Farm instances, so I can't do recalls. Also, I can't keep a legacy system drive, because it requires TDM, and I'll be HDX soon.

I really wish Digi Tech Support would at least give us the official company position on this.

It's one of the first great plugs for TDM ever made, so I would bet most TDM owners used it often. I think it should be top of the priority list.

kent
Old 11-13-2011, 06:54 AM

why do you have to move to AAX?
Old 11-13-2011, 09:24 AM

I wonder if other plugin developers are reading these forums and would consider 'taking over' the recoding from Avid on plugs they apparently are not interested in developing any further.

I've had the plugs echo and amp farm for so long I wouldn't mind paying a fair price for new aax versions.
http://www.fishertheband.com
Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3.5 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon E5 - 32 GB Ram / 1TB Flash Storage - Avid HD I/O - Latest Mac OS - HDX3 - Latest PT Version.