Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2005, 09:44 AM

Default Re: aux levels

no problem......I learned everything I know the hard way. These concepts are not easy at first but they soon become second nature. Yes, the send fader is the one that pops up when you click on the send. Use it to control how much signal you send to the reverb. Since the reverb direct signal is off, the only thing that is going to come through it is the reverb (reverb tails). So as you increase the a track's send level going to the reverb, the reverb will output more of the reverb effect to the stereo bus via it's aux track output.

randy
Old 04-02-2005, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Since the reverb direct signal is off, the only thing that is going to come through it is the reverb (reverb tails). .

randy
okay... so im trying to figure out how to turn the reverb direct signal off, but i cant find it. im using the waves rennaisance verb... not the true verb.
Old 04-02-2005, 03:21 PM

okay... here we go again...

my send level is at -10 on my reverb, the aux is at unity, and the fader is at -3.5... and there is still crackle on the guitar tracks (could this be because instead of playing the guitar line twice, i just coppied it and pasted it on a second track, one panned hard right, the other hard left?)

there is also crackle in my vocal track, i dont even have an aux on it. just the rennaisance verb plug in.

im trying to find the direct signal button, but there isnt one...
Old 04-02-2005, 03:50 PM

another update... okay... so i get a better grip on the reverb. i couldnt find the "direct signal button... so i just left the wet/dry at 100% and the reverb at 100%... that way i can leave the the send level at about -40 and get the same amount of reverb as if the level was at -3 or something. that got rid of the guitar crackle, but i am still having trouble with the vox. there is still the crackle. its less, but still there. when i solo the aux and the vox track, the crackle isnt there. only when the whole session is playing do i get the crackle.

should i be using the same aux for the guitars and vox?
Old 04-04-2005, 08:41 AM

Your cool.....the wet/dry at 100% is the same as turning the direct all the way down. The wet/dry at 0% would be the same as turning the direct all the way up. So your good on the reverb settings. Yes, it is fine to send both the guitar and vox through the same verb when using it as an aux. The crackle you are getting is most likely related to clipping although I don't know enough about your session to point you to where it might be. The best thing to do is probably to just trace the signal path and look at the input peaks at each stage using the latching digital readouts. Read up on the signal flow through PT in the reference guide and then you can determine where the signal hits each successive stage. If you do not have a good handle on the signal flow, you will forever be over driving inputs and not even realizig it. When using plugins on inserts, remeber to look at the plugin input and not just the track level meter. The plugin can be severely over driven but with it gain reduced you will not see the clipping on the track level meter. Also, read up on the peak readout displays for both PT and the plugins you are using so you can use them to help track down the clipping.

randy