How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2011, 07:51 AM

Default Midi learn function? Welcome?

Dear Colleagues, i would like to have a serious discussion on this topic:

I bought an 2 expensive AVID controller (artist series) to find out that i could not use the MIDI learn function on RTAS window, a great tool that is available only to people that spent 1/10 on a M-Audio keyboard...or 1/3 on a C8 control surface....

Of course the RTAS Midi Learning it is NOT the same the Nocturn Automap, as it takes very long time to correct the ugly random automatic mappings made by the Novation joke and you cannot map multiple plugins on the same page.
Same applies to the Eucon (Now Avid Artists...etc) plugin mapping which is very rudimental compared to a customizable MIDI learning approach (a la Ableton or a la PRO TOOLS With M-Audio Keyboards!!!!)

I could reverse engineer the C8 Handshake and make a MAX MSP Application (this is what i am really doing) but i think is more responsible to try to discuss this issue with Avid community, which i think is penalizing the end user with this strange No-MIDI strategy that i cannot understand from the technical and marketing profile... Hope to have beeen clear...
Alessandro

there is an ideascale on the subject

http://protools.ideascale.com/a/dtd/...IDI/12664-3779