Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2010, 07:46 PM

Default HD Installer disc has gone bad

Hello, it seems that my Pro Tools 8 HD installer disc has gone bad. There is a small pin prick size indention on the back of it, and it takes forever to load up on my main audio computer running Vista. When I finally can view the contents/icons, I can not run the setup.exe application and I get a Win32 error. I tested out the disc on my other computer which is running XP, and it won't even load. It just makes a sound like a copy machine and causes all sorts of issues with that computer. Is there somewhere that I can download a PT 8 HD installer or do I have to wait for new discs? My systems has gone down at a bad time, and being unable to reinstall is leaving me with 2 unhappy clients. I've searched but been unable to locate the main installer. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks - paul

p.s. - I did contact Avid via there support center and I'm waiting for a response. Thought I would check here.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:03 AM

Default Re: HD Installer disc has gone bad

I just ordered discs, but if there's any info on a download, that would be great. - paul
Old 06-05-2010, 09:48 AM

Just go to your registered account and download

I voted at www.deardigi.com
Old 06-09-2010, 01:27 AM

Taken care of thanks to digidelivery. Thanks - paul
Old 08-19-2010, 02:06 PM

do you know how long it takes for digidelivery to deliver your file.tech support send me a new m-powered 8.0 download ,but it never finishes downloading?i'm confused!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2010, 12:55 AM

I'm stuck.
Have a Pro Tools HD 8 license on my iLok (which I purchased second-hand), but now it appears that I cannot install Pro Tools HD 8.x.x AT ALL unless I do it from the original disc first! For version 7.x there are downloadable backup web installers available, but I can't find any for version 8. I guess if I purchased it second hand registration doesn't show on MyDigi account. Really stuck...
Would very much appreciate it if somebody could point me in the right direction.
Thanks!