Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2010, 04:18 PM

Default PCI vs PCI-e vs 002r\LE (BLA Sig SeriesMod) & CPTK

I know there have been a lot of similar posts in regards to the comparisons of the HD PCI, HD PCI-e and 002 but my questions slightly differ from the other posts. Basically, I have a 002r modded with the BLA Sig Series Mod and am seriously considering either:
1. PCI HD system
2. PCI-e HD system
3. Complete Production ToolKit upgrade for my 002.

(Besides the price), Is there any noticeable differences between PCI HD cards and PCI-e HD cards? I've done so much research and get mixed opinions. Some people have said that its essentially the same card however the PCI-e is slightly better but the price difference makes it not worth it. In theory, I can get 2 PCI HD cards for less than the price of 1 PCI-e card.

My 002 seems great except for the frequent yet intermittent issues with LE (rebooting, latency, errors, crashing, constantly configuring, etc.). Also, I do need a higher bus count (for mixing music) and will be doing more post work.

Based on my needs (and setup), which option would you recommend and why?