Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2012, 02:12 AM

Default problems copying midi region

I just upgraded to PT10 from 8. When I copy a midi region only the notes are copied, but the sustain isn't. I can't remember having this problem in PT8.. Any suggestions what I could do to make it work?
Old 06-21-2012, 04:14 AM

Default Re: problems copying midi region

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnusn View Post
I just upgraded to PT10 from 8. When I copy a midi region only the notes are copied, but the sustain isn't. I can't remember having this problem in PT8.. Any suggestions what I could do to make it work?
Suggestion a) Watch the CC track lane if the CC64 events will get selected,too before copying a midi clip.

Suggestion b) IF they do get selected correct and do not appear on the destination, trash PT prefs.
MacPro5,1 ; 6-Core Intel Xeon 3,46 GHz, 32 Gig Ram, NVIDIA Quadro K5000 with 3 displays connected  OSX10.15.7  Pro Tools|HDX Ultimate 2023.6  HD I/O&192Digital&96&96i I/Os  D-Command ES  4xUnitor8 & 2xAMT8
Old 06-23-2012, 04:39 AM

I tried deleting the pref files according to these instuctions http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/...ws-xp-windows/

Didn't work. And I'm not sure I know what the CC track lane is, but if I highlight the midi region and watch lanes like "mono after touch" and stuff like that, it seems like that part of the region is highlighted too. But I can't really see any midi info in those lanes, problably because there's no midi info like that in my recording huh? ANyways, I'm not sure what to do know that I already tried deleting the pref files.. Any suggestions?

Thanks, I really appreciate the help
Old 06-23-2012, 04:43 AM

Hmm I'm not sure if you got my reply but I couldn't see it here so I'll write on more.. I tried deleting the pref files and digidesign databases, didn't work. ANy idea what I can do now?

I don't know how to view the CC track lane...
Old 06-23-2012, 05:59 AM

Quote:
I don't know how to view the CC track lane...
Please read the manual @ page 734, Velocity, Controller, and Automation Lanes
that's for Midi Editor window ... and page 697, Continuous Controller Events .. that's for the Edit Window.
In the Edit Window you have to click on the triangle which is located bottom left of each track to open additional lanes.
MacPro5,1 ; 6-Core Intel Xeon 3,46 GHz, 32 Gig Ram, NVIDIA Quadro K5000 with 3 displays connected  OSX10.15.7  Pro Tools|HDX Ultimate 2023.6  HD I/O&192Digital&96&96i I/Os  D-Command ES  4xUnitor8 & 2xAMT8
Old 06-23-2012, 06:31 AM

Problem solved! Thanks a lot for your help! Saved my day :) Here's what I did: I opened up one of those extra lanes, clicked "controllers", then "sustain", and there I could see how the sustain started before the note itself started, so the sustain wasn't copied when the notes were copied, because they were not even in the same bar. Thanks again!
Old 06-23-2012, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Problem solved! Thanks a lot for your help! Saved my day :) Here's what I did: I opened up one of those extra lanes, clicked "controllers", then "sustain", and there I could see how the sustain started before the note itself started, so the sustain wasn't copied when the notes were copied, because they were not even in the same bar. Thanks again!
Cool Glad I could help.

I also suggest to watch the event list once a while. It's pretty obvious there, too.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:02 AM

Ok great, I will :)