Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2014, 05:39 AM

Default upgrade to Yosemite now old sessions will not open

So I updated ios to Yosimite and now when I try to open a session, really all the sessions, that i created before the update Pro tools simply doestn't open the session. It brings up the uploading tracks screen and just the click track trying to be opened. I let it sit there for 20 minutes and still no progress. Any suggestions on what to do?

KR
Old 10-29-2014, 05:42 AM

Default Re: upgrade to Yosemite now old sessions will not open

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenonrush View Post
So I updated ios to Yosimite and now when I try to open a session, really all the sessions, that i created before the update Pro tools simply doestn't open the session. It brings up the uploading tracks screen and just the click track trying to be opened. I let it sit there for 20 minutes and still no progress. Any suggestions on what to do?

KR
Hi,

Can you open a new blank session ok?

If you can open a new session then once opened try using import session data and try just one track at a time?

Are all your plugins up to date?

Whats your system specs? and pro tools versions used?

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:57 PM

Do any of these session that don't open have either NI Guitar Rig or Maschine in them?
If so, remove the AVID Core audio plugin from:

MacHD > Library > Audio > Plug-Ins > HAL > "in here"

.....and re-boot

Regards,
Matt
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 10-29-2014, 08:43 PM

So since ProTools isn't even remotely supported in Yosemite yet, and there have been various issues here on the DUC, why the hell would you update? Hopefully you backed up your old OS and can restore it.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:45 PM

What are some of the other issues? It's working fantastically here (I have a disk clone to fall back on if needed, however, I have various other reasons to have upgraded).
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 10-30-2014, 12:03 AM

I have an LE8 m box and bought a Mac Mini OS 10.9 Maverick...can you tell me what I have to do to get My pro tools to be compatible with my m box?
Old 10-30-2014, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenonrush View Post

KR
I had no such problems. Did you upgrade old system to Yosemite, or did you do as you should and erase the system drive first?

Here are the instructions for creating the installer boot stick.

Welcome to the forum :)
Old 10-30-2014, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I have an LE8 m box and bought a Mac Mini OS 10.9 Maverick...can you tell me what I have to do to get My pro tools to be compatible with my m box?
PT LE8 requires Snow Leopard (10.6.8) so if you mean you bought new Mac Mini that comes with Mavericks, then no, your system is not compatible. You need to upgrade PT LE8 to PT11 but wait until November.

Here is the compatibility information regarding PT LE in case you want to be looking for old compatible computer for it instead of upgrading software.
Old 10-30-2014, 04:10 AM

Guitar Rig 5 and Machine has problems with their respective driver software. If you can work without you can remove the driver from:

./Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Hardware/NIHardwareAgent

- and you should be fine, until an upgrade is provided by NI.

Apart from broken menu's Pro Tools 10 is working fine here. Not my main DAW anymore, but did some fixing on a mix yesterday and no problems at all.

Still think that Avid should have some respect to customers complaing on nearly a daily basis for more that a year, and either fix these very minor but annoying problems or at least come out of the bush and tell why they won't do it. "Fight like a man" - as they say.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:54 PM

Perth - that was awesome! I would never have figured that out! And I can certainly work without Guitar Rig 5. Thanks bunches!