Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 06-02-2020, 02:24 AM

Default Re: PT 2020.5 install on 5,1, Native card not found

SUCCESS!! Threes a charm.

OK I figured why not and ran disk utility first aid for a third time and I am up and running!

Thanks Darryl
You Da Man!!
Old 06-02-2020, 02:27 AM

Default Re: PT 2020.5 install on 5,1, Native card not found

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Uh OK "$ " in these things represents the shell prompt, you don't type that part.

But the errors sure looks like it's related to security permissions.

First check the following

System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General > Allow apps downloaded from

[x] App store and identified developers.

I'm not even sure you need that, but it won't hurt.

---

Then when the installer tries to install you should see a security pop-up. Even if you don't after the installer runs look at Security & Privacy > General for the "System Software from.... was blocked from loading" similar to the screenshot shown here: https://developer.apple.com/library/...59/_index.html. As noted there, that message and option to allow it disappears after 30 minutes.

All this mess could be handled a lot better by Avid's installer.

This stuff is almost certain to be the problem, so just root around in the security settings until you find that message and accept it. The issue was triggered by the new install of High Sierra, in upgrades macOS just automatically accepts kexts that have been previously installed. But again, the Avid driver installer should be making all this much easy.

I'm not able to easily to reproduce this on my system, once Avid is accepted a a developer as it has been on my Mac, all later installs just work, and the hassle to undo that is too much.

SUCCESS!! Threes a charm.

OK I figured why not and ran disk utility first aid for a third time and I am up and running!

Thanks Darryl
You Da Man!!