Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2008, 06:45 PM

Default Fast track Ultra 8R in a daisy chain

Hi guys, I don't know if you could give me some hint. I don't know if somebody else has asked the question before, in such a case, please prompt me to the right post.

I'd like to put together a rig for recording live, and I was wondering if I could put 3 Fast Track Ultra 8R in a daisy chain to input 24 tracks at once.

Another option I was considering is the ProFire 26/26, and the question is the same. If I was to go firewire, can I put the interfaces via the firewire port's out/in a chain or do I need to get firewire port expansions, what works better?

I am considering the use of the FTU8R mainly because of the mic pres, and overall the price burden is lower thinking about it as a three-pack purchase. I hope this option might work.

Thanks for your time on this.