Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2018, 06:39 PM

Default Heads-up on Plugin Alliance SSL E channel

Actually this will go for anyone who owns either the E or G channels and would like to have the other channel. Check your account on the Plugin Alliance site in the 'registered plugins' page and you may find you're eligible to get the other plugin. For me I just got the E channel for $49 (had a $50 coupon) and when I went to check my registered plugins I was made aware of the fact that I was eligible to get the G channel for $99 - I'm sure it will work the other way around if you have the G and want the E channel.

I fired off an email to PA support asking if there's a time limit for the deal and don't expect to hear anything back until at least Monday. If there's no time limit I'll wait to see what kind of voucher I get for July; if recent history is any indicator it should be $50. That would mean that between the E & G channels I'd get $598 s/w for a grand total of $98. Not bad eh?

QAPLA!
Old 06-30-2018, 11:29 PM

Default Heads-up on Plugin Alliance SSL E channel

Yeah !! And AAXDSP
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 07-03-2018, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Heads-up on Plugin Alliance SSL E channel

The discount is not time limited. I have E and N. G is permanently at $99,- in my account.

If I can't find anything else to spend my voucher on I might still get G at some point, for now I'm good with E & N.

T

At work; 2013 27" iMac/i5/2.9GHz/8GB, OSX 10.8.5, PT 10.3.6

At home; Custom Made Mac (Hackintosh) i7 (3770 "Ivy Bridge")/3.4GHz/32GB@2400MHz, Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB System Drive, Samsung SSD 750 EVO 250GB Audio Drive, OSX 10.10.5, PT 12.8.1
Old 07-04-2018, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy-T View Post
The discount is not time limited. I have E and N. G is permanently at $99,- in my account.

If I can't find anything else to spend my voucher on I might still get G at some point, for now I'm good with E & N.

T
Good to know. I'm debating on whether to get G now as I only got a $25 voucher this month (July) and the the $50 I've been getting. Looks like PA this month is doing one of those 'pick three plugins at or under a certain price for that certain price' total for all three and I think they may have cut the voucher amounts due to that so I'll probably hold off for this month seeing the above news and see what happens in August.

QAPLA!
Old 07-04-2018, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Good to know. I'm debating on whether to get G now as I only got a $25 voucher this month (July) and the the $50 I've been getting. Looks like PA this month is doing one of those 'pick three plugins at or under a certain price for that certain price' total for all three and I think they may have cut the voucher amounts due to that so I'll probably hold off for this month seeing the above news and see what happens in August.
That's not the case. I bought several in the past few months and got my first $50 voucher yesterday. More likely, your rolling yearly total dipped under the $ threshold for the $50 level. I don't think waiting till next month is going to work for you.
Old 07-04-2018, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
That's not the case. I bought several in the past few months and got my first $50 voucher yesterday. More likely, your rolling yearly total dipped under the $ threshold for the $50 level. I don't think waiting till next month is going to work for you.
I just posted on this same subject over on GS. Here's what I wrote there:
"I'm puzzled myself. I added up my purchases over the last calendar year and they total $384.80 which firmly puts me in the $50/month club. Even if I discount the $49 I spent on getting the E channel in June that still puts me over the $300 level. Just reinforces what I wrote previously here. And that leaves me with a $25 July voucher I have zero use for (not with my CFO - aka The Wife - watching over my shoulder)."

So I'd suggest adding up your expenditures over the last year. You may be surprised what comes up. And the amounts include the voucher value; IOW what I ended paying through PayPal. I've seen this happen last year with lower voucher amounts.

The fellow I replied to over on GS had an expenditure that put him over the $600 mark and he only got a $50 voucher and NOT the $75 one so I'm sticking with what I wrote about PA lowering the voucher amounts because of this special deal.

edit for correction:
I typed things wrong and meant to say I added up everything I purchased from this time last year until now.

QAPLA!

Last edited by musicman691; 07-04-2018 at 04:48 PM. Reason: correction for mistatement
Old 07-10-2018, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
I just posted on this same subject over on GS. Here's what I wrote there:
"I'm puzzled myself. I added up my purchases over the last calendar year and they total $384.80 which firmly puts me in the $50/month club. Even if I discount the $49 I spent on getting the E channel in June that still puts me over the $300 level. Just reinforces what I wrote previously here. And that leaves me with a $25 July voucher I have zero use for (not with my CFO - aka The Wife - watching over my shoulder)."

So I'd suggest adding up your expenditures over the last year. You may be surprised what comes up. And the amounts include the voucher value; IOW what I ended paying through PayPal. I've seen this happen last year with lower voucher amounts.

The fellow I replied to over on GS had an expenditure that put him over the $600 mark and he only got a $50 voucher and NOT the $75 one so I'm sticking with what I wrote about PA lowering the voucher amounts because of this special deal.

edit for correction:
I typed things wrong and meant to say I added up everything I purchased from this time last year until now.
Stick with whatever you like, but for the record...
*I did calculate my spend at PIA. As most of the $ amount was loaded to the last few months, the voucher amount is unsurprisingly correct.
*I wrote to PIA Sales Support and asked for clarification of the wording "in the last year". I quote the response, with permission -

"Thanks for contacting support.

Our system calculates voucher based upon the 12 months previous spend. So for example, in calculating July 2018 vouchers the system takes into account the purchases made June 2017-June 2018. The system does often require 1-2 months to move members in and out of voucher tiers.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Best,
Sade
The Plugin Alliance Support Team"

I suggest that you check your spend dates for June 2017 - June 2018 and see if you're still at the level you expected to be. If you're not getting that to which you're entitled per above, I suggest you contact PIA Sales Support.

This information may be helpful in creating a PIA spending strategy. If one is in love with the increased voucher amounts, it's advisable to load up some expenditures toward the end of the trailing 12 month period.

I did not explicitly ask the question, but as PIA publishes the spend amounts which qualify for each voucher category via monthly emails, it argues against their "adjusting" the voucher qualifications randomly or in conjunction with other marketing tactics without prior announcement. However IANAL.

You're welcome, Jack and you can probably leverage the information with the CFO.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
However IANAL.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IANAL

Haha this is good

IANAL
and
TINLA
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Stick with whatever you like, but for the record...
*I did calculate my spend at PIA. As most of the $ amount was loaded to the last few months, the voucher amount is unsurprisingly correct.
*I wrote to PIA Sales Support and asked for clarification of the wording "in the last year". I quote the response, with permission -

"Thanks for contacting support.

Our system calculates voucher based upon the 12 months previous spend. So for example, in calculating July 2018 vouchers the system takes into account the purchases made June 2017-June 2018. The system does often require 1-2 months to move members in and out of voucher tiers.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Best,
Sade

I suggest that you check your spend dates for June 2017 - June 2018 and see if you're still at the level you expected to be. If you're not getting that to which you're entitled per above, I suggest you contact PIA Sales Support.

This information may be helpful in creating a PIA spending strategy. If one is in love with the increased voucher amounts, it's advisable to load up some expenditures toward the end of the trailing 12 month period.

I did not explicitly ask the question, but as PIA publishes the spend amounts which qualify for each voucher category via monthly emails, it argues against their "adjusting" the voucher qualifications randomly or in conjunction with other marketing tactics without prior announcement. However IANAL.

You're welcome, Jack and you can probably leverage the information with the CFO.
If you read my correction in color you'll see I made a mistake in the wording of my original posting. The numbers are correct for the time period between June 2017 and June 2018. PA does NOT publish the qualifying levels each month; every few months but not every month. I went back through my emails from them and found that indeed they did do the voucher drop the last time they did one of the 'buy 3' sales before.

QAPLA!
Old 07-11-2018, 01:22 PM

"Sade:
Looking for clarification on this point -
Are the voucher amounts influenced from month to month for any reason? E.g., when July's "Buy 3" promotions are offered, do the July vouchers or spending qualifications increase or decrease? My assertion in the discussion has been that the voucher amounts are not decreased; my discussion mate is claiming that the vouchers do decrease when the “Buy 3” promotions are in effect and have done historically.

And again, may I quote your response directly?

Bob"

"Hi Bob,

Monthly vouchers are calculated and delivered separately from sales/promotional planning. Voucher amounts are not influenced by sales or promotions and are only effected by your yearly spend amount.

Buy 3 promotions are deals available through separate vouchers. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Best,
Sade