Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2009, 11:11 PM

Default No Signal for ADAT Inputs

Hello, All. I have an iMac 24" that I'm using to run PT8. OS is 10.5.7. I've got my Akai MPC 3000 sampling drum machine and a digi 003 console. My 8 outs from the MPC are connected to a Presonus Digimax FS A/D converter, which is connected to the 003. For the purposes of this post, "track" and "channel" are interchangeable. Until tonight, all 8 outs from the MPC transmitted to PT via the Presonus. In PT the inputs read Adat 1-2 for all 8 mono channels dedicated to the MPC. In other words, when I would press a sound in the MPC, the sound would come out of the appropriate channel in PT. Whenever I test to see if a PT channel (track) is reading the input, the track in question is always armed for record. In the MPC I can assign sounds to various channels. So, I could press, say the kick drum and, depending on which channel I assigned it to in the MPC, it would register in the corresponding channel in PT. I'm not sure what happened to change things or even how I got it to work in the first place, but now things are awry. Sounds from the MPC only register in channels 1 or 2 of PT, regardless of whatever channel they are assigned to in the MPC.

I've checked all the connections and cables and clock source is "optical."

My questions are:

1. How should I set/assign inputs in PT so that all 8 channels from the MPC will transmit properly?

2. I want 8 adat inputs and 8 analog inputs (all mono). In the i/o dialogue, how can I set this up? The default settings have 8 analog inputs (mono) and 4 adat inputs (stereo). Simply creating 8 new paths and renaming them "adat-1, adat-2" and so on, doesn't work.

I know I am asking a lot, if you are not up to explaining it all, perhaps there is a helpful link you could point me to.

Many thanks!
Old 09-13-2009, 11:41 PM

Default Re: No Signal for ADAT Inputs

Your default settings seem to be incorrect from how u explain so u need to Default your settings...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 09-14-2009, 10:01 AM

Default Re: No Signal for ADAT Inputs

I also use the Digimax. Since you are usring the clock on the Digimax (which is what I do also) make sure that the clock speed displayed on the Digimax mathces the clock speed difined in your preferences. I noticed the Digimax will change the clock speed sometimes and the ADAT light on my 003R will begin flashing at that point. I set it back to 41K and it works fine after that. I seems to be extremey sensitive to static electricity. I have carpet in my control room and from time to time I will acedentally touch the rack that the Digimax is and the static shock will change the clock speed on the Digi. I always try to discharge any static by touching something metal before operating anything on that rack now. Just something to try. Good Luck Bro!