Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 01-14-2011, 10:21 PM

Default Re: Show pics of your live rig!

For something a little different My Live Rig. Minimoog Voyager Old School (#0415), Morley Classic Wah (VOS Mixer Out/Filter In), Eleven Rack (FX Loop), Korg Electribe S mkII (Sampler), SWR LA Series LA 15" (Stereo Amps).
Old 01-15-2011, 08:40 AM

Rig
Pedalboard
Direct to FOH, more up to date would be M13 racked and all controlled by an RJM Mastermind, need to get some pictures of the new setup.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:03 AM

Not overly complicated but does the job for me.

http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/a...6/IMG_1890.jpg
Old 01-17-2011, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fender126 View Post

I love those colors!
Old 01-17-2011, 06:49 AM

Quote:

Very nice.

How are you incorporating the Marshall head into the rig? I would love to work my Straub in to the mix every once in awhile.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:

NIIIICE !!! Love that Marshall
Old 01-17-2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Great pic!

I usually run my 11r directly into a PA system, but I tried it the other day into the FX return of a Yamaha T100/Marshall 4x12 rig and it absolutely killed.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducmike View Post
Very nice.

How are you incorporating the Marshall head into the rig? I would love to work my Straub in to the mix every once in awhile.
As of right now I run the 11R into the return of the loop (one of the mods that was done) of the Marshall so I can use the powersection. The ART SLA-2 is only there as a back-up right now. I tried running with the 4CM and got terrible results. I could not get all the levels right....probably due to something I may have been doing wrong. My latest plans were try an incorporate the Marshall more by running two rigs (Rig 1 = Marshall & Rig 2 = 11R with the ART) through the one cabinet by using an amp head switcher but the problem I had is that I could not put any effects in front of the Marshall. Since the announcement of the latest update, I'm gonna sit tight, do the update and see where I go from there.

For those interested in the Marshall, it is a 1976 50-watt MKII that was modded by Trace at Voodoo amps. It now has an interrupt effects loop, volume 1 and volume 2 are also push/pull bright switches, the master volume is also a push/pull saturation control, and the small switch on the right (where channel two input 1 would have been) is now a boost switch). Throw in a cap job and some new preamp tubes as well. The headshell was customed ordered from Scott Splawn, although I still have the original headshell as well. This amp covers a tremendous tonal range from smooth and warm to all out brutal!
Old 01-17-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
As of right now I run the 11R into the return of the loop (one of the mods that was done) of the Marshall so I can use the powersection. The ART SLA-2 is only there as a back-up right now. I tried running with the 4CM and got terrible results. I could not get all the levels right....probably due to something I may have been doing wrong. My latest plans were try an incorporate the Marshall more by running two rigs (Rig 1 = Marshall & Rig 2 = 11R with the ART) through the one cabinet by using an amp head switcher but the problem I had is that I could not put any effects in front of the Marshall. Since the announcement of the latest update, I'm gonna sit tight, do the update and see where I go from there.

For those interested in the Marshall, it is a 1976 50-watt MKII that was modded by Trace at Voodoo amps. It now has an interrupt effects loop, volume 1 and volume 2 are also push/pull bright switches, the master volume is also a push/pull saturation control, and the small switch on the right (where volume two inout 1 would have been is now a boost switch). Through in a cap job and some new preamp tubes as well. The headshell was customed ordered from Scott Splawn, although I still have the original headshell as well. This amp covers a tremendous tonal range from smooth and warm to all out brutal!

Thanks for the info. I bet the Marshall sounds awesome.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducmike View Post
Thanks for the info. I bet the Marshall sounds awesome.
As a stand alone amp it kills! My problem is that I currently play in a cover band requiring a diverse tonal palette which is why I rely on the 11R for the time being.