Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 11-14-2008, 08:33 AM

Default TrooTrace

Does anyone know where I can download the latest installer for TOONTRACE?
When I try to use that plugin in any rack, I get a yellow "!" thru all other plugins in the session that can only be made to go away by powering down the whole system. We are on 2.7.1, what should the toon version be to play nice with that venue version?
I'd love to have that be working again!

Thanks much.
TP
Old 11-14-2008, 09:44 AM
Avid

Default Re: ToonTrace

Hi,

I'm guessing this refers to TrooTrace, the analysis plug-in. If so, there's only one version of the plug-in available, and it's compatible with all versions of VENUE D-Show software. It was included in the VENUEPack 2.0 and 3.0 bundles, so you can re-install from the bundle CD, which was shipped with the console. If the CD isn't available you can download a copy of it here.

Before doing that though, check to see what the exact error message is. To do this, put the mouse over the yellow "!" indicator and look in the bottom left corner of the screen for the error message. Report back here and we'll try to help.

Sheldon
Old 11-14-2008, 10:49 AM

Sheldon,
I believe he is talking about TOON Trace, it allows you to watch cartoons on the D Show when your mixing a 7 hour seminar and trying not to fall asleep.

Scott
Old 11-16-2008, 07:22 PM

Sorry for the confusion on the name. I was looking for TrooTrace:) I have followed teh link above and it took me to the plugin page. The company's website seems to be down. Do we have the first plug-in on VENUE to become "TC-tools"? Meaning end-of-life'd as we all start really relying on it... I was using it until It started misbehaving. BTW, I'll take a link for Toon Trace too:) I have some conferences coming in 09, need something to play with at FOH as speakers ramble on. Better get a privacy filter for the LCD too. Maybe I'll just walk over to our Grand MA and play the hidden "missle command" instead!! Anywho, DIGI care to comment on the status of the trootrace company? Thanks much all!
tp
Old 11-17-2008, 09:23 AM
Avid

Hi,

The link in my previous post was to the VENUEpack 3.0 page, at the bottom of which is the download for the VENUEpack bundle. This download includes the latest version of TrooTrace.

Unfortunately, Troodon Technologies—the company that developed the TrooTrace Audio Analysis Bundle—has ceased operation and is no longer able to provide updates or support for customers using the plug-in. At Troodon’s request, and in the best interest of VENUE customers, we’ve decided to remove this plug-in from the bundle offering. As of October 1, 2008 all VENUE systems ship with VENUEPack 3.1. This bundle is identical in all ways to the version 3.0 bundle, but without TrooTrace. We're optimistic another plug-in developer will step in to fill the analysis void, but until then...bring on Toon Trace!

Sheldon
Old 11-24-2008, 05:18 PM

Default Re: TrooTrace

The Waves Live bundle has a analyzer built in (PAZ) does more then what your after!!

http://www.waves.com/Content.aspx?id=233
Old 11-25-2008, 02:37 AM

I'd like to point out that PAZ and TrooTrace are not the same thing, and PAZ does not do everything TrooTrace does.

TrooTrace is like SmaartLive built into the venue (awesome!) wheras PAZ is more akin to broadcast correlation and frequency analysers

Its a shame to hear about TrooTrace - lets petition Smaart to make a TDM plugin version!

Chris
Old 01-08-2009, 02:27 PM

Exclamation Re: TrooTrace

This is a major bummer, i've been trying to find out how i can get a copy of TrooTrace because i use my HD rig for live shows and i think it would have been perfect !... Does anyone know how i might get in contact with Troodon to buy a "old" copy to get me by until a new company brings out analysis tools again ? Does it still work with Pro Tools V7.4.2 on leopard ? Which OS / PT version is most stable with this last release of the plugin ? Anyone want to sell their iLok licence ? cheers
Old 02-19-2009, 02:40 PM

I mentioned it to my EAW rep, he suggested i get the UMX.96, their digital console, saying Smaart is built into it.

go figure...
Old 03-08-2009, 01:52 AM

Hi there,

Is there a TDM version compatible with Mac OS X?

I downloaded the VENUE 3.0 pack.

The trootrace plug name has a "-xp" extention.

I gave it a try and installed it on the plug-ins folder of an HD 7.4 partition but it did not show up on the next restart.

Since it's discontinued, I would be glad to know where to find a compatible version (I own the trootrace ilok licence).