...the never ending quarantine!

LOL!

Cheers!
He's Finnish.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:41 AM

Default Re: Come On 20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Not using Cubase, but does it have write automation while recording audio? Disk Cache? Clip Gain? Not even going to Dolby Atmos workflows...
Automation while recording audio? Affirmative.
Disk Cache? Affirmative
Clip Gain? Affirmative, but less than Pro Tools (it's a major handicap)
Not even going to Dolby Atmos workflows Just Nuendo, not Cubase, but Vanilla either.

https://new.steinberg.net/nuendo/compare-editions/
  • Mac Studio M2 Ultra 2023. 2T. 128 Go. + 2X 4 T NVMe ext.
  • AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.40 GHz 64 Go, full SSD

• Roland V-Piano, Novation 88
  • Etc.
  • www.claudemarcbourget.com
Old 03-25-2020, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Have you considered the possibility that those that have confidence in Avid and are making music have less time posting here?
Could be the other way around, the more you work the more you use and know the software, the more reasons you have to be mad.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
Could be the other way around, the more you work the more you use and know the software, the more reasons you have to be mad.
Maybe, maybe not. Just a possibility
Old 03-25-2020, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiz View Post
It is a hard call to be frank. Midi wise Cubase is great, always been, it was the first DAW with VST instruments and such (obviously).....but it became too cluttered with various unnesecery functions and menus and the GUI is getting worse with every update. Cubase takes so much time to boot, like Pro Tools..and then some more time to load the project.. Studio One is pretty fast on boot and project loading....the difference is huge.

It is much more than that, will need a huge post to elaborate why we chose it in the end. It checks some very important points for us, like no Annual Plans cr@p, AU, VST compatibility, ARA2 brilliant integration, Softube Console 1 excellent integration, can have more than one project opened at a time, mastering inside the same app (no need to even close the working project), drag 'n drop instruments/effects etc.
Some of that, are common to Cubase too, but Studio One made it for us because it's much more.

Of course it all comes down to personal taste and workflow. I still love to record and mix on Pro Tools but for production it is so behind of the rest... MIDI in Pro Tools, what a joke!

Cheers!

Thank you for the information. I agree with many points, including the graphical interface of Cubase, which sometimes makes Fisher Price or Mattel. I am however less hard than you on lunch in PT, less developed than in Cubase but which has its advantages. Graphically, it's clearer. The Tempo track is superb. The ability to create more real-time delays than in Cubase, which is too limited. The PT swing is very good too. But PT must succeed in integrating all the midi functions into a single window, with no drop-down menu. Now we have four or five stupid windows and we're wasting time. Cubase also does not display markers in its midi edition. Disability!

I'll look better Studio One, but with PT, Cubase, Samplitude and Reaper, the wallet is tired!

It's yours!

• Etc.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
He's Finnish.
That explains a lot!

Cheers!
Old 03-25-2020, 08:54 AM

You're welcome!

I came hard regarding the PT midi, because of bugs like the sample rounding and instrument track assigned wrong midi output when reopening sessions, issues, that are show stopper issues, all that should have been addressed many "Annual Plans" ago... Anyway, i avoid to use midi in PT like the plague.

I've used almost every DAW exists on Mac and there is none that covers everything one needs, it is always a compromise...
That's why, like you, we use more than one. Used to be Logic Pro and PT but Studio One took over Logic the last year or so.
I didn't like mixing in Logic so much and used PT for that task, but after working on some projects with Studio One, it served me really well in mixing too and stayed in a single DAW for producing and mixing....which is a real time saver when studio time is a luxury.
Also i like the Presonus attitude, with frequent updates, new features and fixes, free of charge inside the current version cycle. If you're in search for a PT replacement for a specific workflow, Studio One is a great option. Give it a try.

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbourget View Post
Thank you for the information. I agree with many points, including the graphical interface of Cubase, which sometimes makes Fisher Price or Mattel. I am however less hard than you on lunch in PT, less developed than in Cubase but which has its advantages. Graphically, it's clearer. The Tempo track is superb. The ability to create more real-time delays than in Cubase, which is too limited. The PT swing is very good too. But PT must succeed in integrating all the midi functions into a single window, with no drop-down menu. Now we have four or five stupid windows and we're wasting time. Cubase also does not display markers in its midi edition. Disability!

I'll look better Studio One, but with PT, Cubase, Samplitude and Reaper, the wallet is tired!

It's yours!
Old 03-25-2020, 09:53 AM

Quote:
You're welcome!

I came hard regarding the PT midi, because of bugs like the sample rounding and instrument track assigned wrong midi output when reopening sessions, issues, that are show stopper issues, all that should have been addressed many "Annual Plans" ago... Anyway, i avoid to use midi in PT like the plague.

I've used almost every DAW exists on Mac and there is none that covers everything one needs, it is always a compromise...
That's why, like you, we use more than one. Used to be Logic Pro and PT but Studio One took over Logic the last year or so.
I didn't like mixing in Logic so much and used PT for that task, but after working on some projects with Studio One, it served me really well in mixing too and stayed in a single DAW for producing and mixing....which is a real time saver when studio time is a luxury.
Also i like the Presonus attitude, with frequent updates, new features and fixes, free of charge inside the current version cycle. If you're in search for a PT replacement for a specific workflow, Studio One is a great option. Give it a try.

Cheers!
It's written down. We'd need a CUB-TOOLS_ONE! Or a SAMPLI-CUB-TOOLS_ONE!

• Etc.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:23 PM

Quote:
That explains a lot!

Cheers!
Actually that only explains his social distancing (as a Cuban I'm talking from the other side of the spectrum), outside that he's just another one of us sharing his thoughts. Cheers
Old 03-25-2020, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbourget View Post
It's written down. We'd need a CUB-TOOLS_ONE! Or a SAMPLI-CUB-TOOLS_ONE!
No thanks! We need a stable Pro Tools and as far as we work we have a great version 2019.12 Ultimate but things can ALWAYS be better but we also need to realize the whole world is awry right now so a few days delay is not gonna kill us even though we have waited 4 months for a dot release

It ”should” be a bit more frequent even if the feature adds are slower. Stability is really important and any addition to Midi is what I would say we all pay for aswell as added features.

I really understand why it takes a bit longer but 4 months!!? Thats a long time!

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————