Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 06-24-2011, 04:53 PM

Default can you remove an empty channel from the surface of a VENUE profile console?

I'm working with a big input list that has some holes (unused channels)... can I remove them form the surface so I don't have to see them and have to switch banks less without having to repatch anything? if yes how?
I looked on the manual but can't find anything...
Old 06-24-2011, 05:26 PM

Default Re: can you remove an empty channel from the surface of a VENUE profile console?

I'm still a bit new to the Venue myself, but I know you can "Move" the unused channels to the end. You can also unassign an input to the channel, so if you are using Venue Link, Pro Tools won't create a track for the channel.
.: Pro Tools Certified Instructor
.: Pro Tools Expert Certified in Music
Old 06-24-2011, 05:53 PM

Default Re: can you remove an empty channel from the surface of a VENUE profile console?

I see the right-click move which is what I've been doing to move the empty channels down the line but I don't see a right-click DELETE even though I am in CONFIG
Old 06-24-2011, 06:55 PM

Like Chris said, you can move the unused strips to the end, or anywhere else, for that matter. Select a channel, then right click on the destination spot. This brings up a menu of which "move selected channel here" is an option. Remember that this moves the selected channel in front of, or before, the channel you right clicked on. Hope this helps.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:38 PM

Are you setting the system settings to the closest number of needed channels? As you can set this by 16s/8s (96, 80, ... 32, 24, 16 on the low end), you can reduce the extra channels. However, I don't believe you can delete any "extra" channels if you need/want to, just move them to the last bank.
.: Pro Tools Certified Instructor
.: Pro Tools Expert Certified in Music
Old 06-25-2011, 08:53 PM

You cannot delete unused tracks, but like the other folks said, configure the console to the closest number of channels you will need. You can insert "blank" channel strips and move the unused channels around. I love the blank channel option. It makes it very easy to layout the console the way in which you need, and to also frame channels around "Bank Safed" channels.

| VENUE Profile 96X64 with MADI Option | ProTools 7.4.2 HD3 Accel PCI | ProTools 10 Native | MacBook Pro 17" OS 10.7.1 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 8GB Ram | Mbox 2 Pro | Mbox 3 Pro | Motu 896mk3 Hybrid |