Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2006, 06:46 PM

Default LE 7: How to activate MP3 Option?

Hi,

I paid for the MP3 Option after the demo expired on my copy of LE 7, and I was sent some sort of activation code. Where do I enter that code? There isn't anything in any of the menu dropdowns or anywhere in Prefs that says anything about it. The "help" PDF is a joke, of course: Nothing of use in there either.

Thanks
Old 06-28-2006, 07:22 PM

Default Re: LE 7: How to activate MP3 Option?

Pop in the PT Installer CD and run the PT installer. Where you decide what to install, select the MP3 option. There should be an MP3 option in addition to the demo option. Once you have installed it, the first time you try to use it, you will enter your activation code.

Sometimes you need to de-install the demo before the full version works.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:55 PM

My PT Instal CD is for LE 6: I got LE 7 as a free promo because I bought my M Box after September of last year. That is the problem. So far, Digidesign has, 1) Charged me for an MP3 Option upgrade they WILL NOT help me to get to work, 2) Charged me for LE 7 - Which I already HAVE - and they WILL NOT send me a PT Instal CD for it, allowing me the option of downloading it only.

They say "Use iLok", but won't even tell me WHAT iLOK IS.

I guess the only thing left to do is go back to LE 6 with the MP3 Option. Sheesh. I hate unresponsive corporations, but as an Apple user, I'm certainly used to it.

I think I was better off with my old Alesis Masterlink. All I got the M Box for was to use it as a digital two-track recorder, which I thought would be convienient inside the PowerBook. I don't need any processing, plugins, or anything - I'm only recording solo classical guitar with outboard processing - I just wanted to skip burning CD's and importing them into iTunes for the MP3 conversion.

I need a drink.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:02 AM
Administrator

Not sure if this is you or not, since your DUC email address is not in any of the product registration or DigiStore records, but following your blogspot url and checking the email address on that, this appears to be your recent history:

You registered your Mbox in early December, and received a free update to Pro Tools LE 7 on December 2, 2005 when you registered.

The only way to purchase the MP3 Option is on the DigiStore, and there is no purchase under your name or either of the email addresses mentioned here.

Until yesterday, June 28, 2006 when you purchased the MP3 Option on the DigiStore.

For some reason, it looks like you also purchased another upgrade to Pro Tools LE 7, which would not be necessary if you only have one Pro Tools system, since you already own Pro Tools LE 7.

Both the free upgrade you received in December and the one you purchased yesterday are downloadable versions only. If you want the installation CD set, that can be purchased separately on the DigiStore in the same Pro Tools 7 section below the upgrade that you purchased.

No CD is required to install MP3 Option, just the authorization that you purchased on the DigiStore, which is in your order receipt, and in your order history when you login to the DigiStore or the mirror AvidStore.

To Install MP3 Option, you would use the instructions here:
MP3 Option installation on Mac OS X Pro Tools systems

Linked from the
Support-MP3 Option-Answerbase section.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:25 AM

The reason I purchased the SECOND COPY of LE 7 yesterday is because YOUR PRODUCT SUPPORT TOLD ME TO! Allegedly, that was the only way for me to get the CD-ROM's I wanted.

Here is the text:

"Hello,

Actually, we have to charge $19.95 for the MP3 Option because is was
developed by a third party. So, it is a royalty issue. [I had ALREADY PAID FOR THE MP3 OPTION at this point. - Ed.]

You can order both the MP3 Option and the Pro Tools LE 7 install kit from
our website.

MP3 Option:

http://www.avidstore.com/us/index.cf...&categoryid=10

Pro Tools LE 7 install CD's: [Note it says CD's from this link. - Ed.]

http://www.avidstore.com/us/index.cf...&categoryid=16

Regards,
Digidesign Customer Service Administration"

So, believing that your support team actually knows WTF they are doing, I ordered from the second link (Silly me). Then I got an e-mail informing me I had just re-purchased the download I already had, versus THE CD-ROMS I ACTUALLY WANTED.

See the problem here?

Oh, and the activation link you posted gives me an error message. Uh... That would be EXACTLY THE SAME ERROR MESSAGE I HAVE GOTTEN ALL ALONG FOLLOWING ALL OF YOUR RECOMMENDED ACTIVATION LINKS!!! WHICH IS????!!!! WHY IT SEEMS A CD-ROM IS THE ONLY, ONLY, ONLY SOLUTION TO THIS PARTICULAR PROBLEM!!!

I think I have another Alesis Masterlink in my future... And a student will get my M-Box and ProTools garbage. Free.

Excellent support. Thanks for everything.

Sheesh.

George Alton Pepper
BM Berklee, MM TSU