Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2011, 08:35 PM

Default Re: Actual Difference Between...........

Got'cha... thank you both for clearing that up and confirming it with me.

I understand this all now. I just feel the Avid site and its documentation is so convoluted with horrible navigation compared to the way it used to be. Jumping on that site and the "Store" just confuses me so much every time I do it. This was the absolute worse though. Things used to be so much more streamlined and easier to find stuff back when it was Digidesign with the different layout.

EITHER way, I think that is all great news !

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
If you run PTHD (9 or 10) on a machine without a Native card or Accel or Core card then that will behave just like regular PT + the CPTK.
They should advertise this more, as it was the other part of what I was trying to find out and where some of my questions were leading to. What else they should list on a document (easy to find) is what the "limitations" are with HD software if you run it on a machine with no cards. Exactly what do you still have and what do you not ? Etc...

Cause some are important to me, and some aren't as much.

I should explain my original goal and take on all this, see I did know it was a upgrade for $2,499. In my mind it all starts like this: ultimately if the limitations of running HD with no cards are things I care about too much, then I'm better off getting PT10 w/CPTK, and have my 3rd PT set up...(which I kinda don't want, and really want full HD features for this particular set up which is going to be mobile FYI).... But if running HD with no cards limits me to things I don't care about for this particular mobile rig I'm getting together, then I was going to use one of my current older HD registrations and "upgrade" it to HD10 and use that one license on my laptop for this mobile rig, and then also the "main license" for the big studios HD system... then eventually move that bigger system up to HDX of course.

Then navigating through the Avid site to figure this all out, the prices and how to get what and why just completely confused me. And now that I know Avid is kinda trying to "make you buy their interfaces" by selling HD software in these bundles only, my other option (so I don't waste my upgrade on another rig) I was thinking to just buy HD Native, and toss the card and use the software on my laptop.. lol -- Then I have a full real separate license for it, and it is completely independent from my other systems... IDK ?

But you guys have helped me a lot, and I got it from here, as now I finally understand the whole Avid get down on this particular release and price/system structure.

Thanks again to all !!
www.rouletterecords.com
[email protected]

Any fool can complicate things;
It takes a genius to simplify them