Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2011, 10:44 PM

Default Sessions seem to be shifting phase on L/R output Delay comp errors.

Something weird has been going on lots with my Sessions lately, and wondering if anyone else has had these probs

I'm OSX 10.6.8 PT 9.0.5 HD2 w/192
Trashed all prefs ect.

I seem to getting random times where I import a track or add a plugin ect, or do something where it has to re-calculate delay compensation, and the whole session goes to #(*$&.
Mainly the Main L&R mix gets off, almost perfectly out of phase. there's a weird delay thing going on, and it randomly rears it head with delay compensation on. No plugins seem to be causing it and its random as to when it appears.

I have to re-start pro tools, or sometimes re-start the computer.

Also sometimes when delay compensation gets checked "off" it isn't really off. Only times I can tell when the singer says its all fubared up. I re-cycle delay comp and it seems to clear it up.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:02 PM

Default Re: Sessions seem to be shifting phase on L/R output Delay comp errors.

damnit it just did it again! This time rendering a reverse on an audio file using AUDIO SUITE! Brand new session file
Old 11-01-2011, 11:08 PM

OK FIGURED IT OUT!!!! It's my Aux sends/busses, that are randomly flopping phase.

I print back to PT on an audio track, then buss out (pre-fader) to another stereo audio track to print audio with the plugs I have on the 2tk... I just bypassed all my plugins, and tried pre/post fader on my send, to no avail. I can't get it to reset. Looks like another restart.

Turned delay comp off, and still weird out of phase issue. ONLY when listening thru my print aux. if I listen off the original track all is well... Looks like another re-start for me.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:17 PM

OK well further figured it out, and hopefully this will help avid hunt it down.. If I cycle Input arm on the track I'm bussing to (to listen to printed efx) then it seems to come back.

Weird! I'm sure other people monitor their mix this way, just seems strange to me to have the delay/phase change randomly throughout the session!
Old 11-03-2011, 12:31 AM

Still rearing its ugly head. And this time not limited to input tracks. Seems like output stereo pairs... Everything that comes out of 5/6 has some random delay inserted on it (one side only).. before it was outputs 9/10, All my HW insert delays are set to 0.00

edit... everything just passed digitest.

Please move to HD PT9 on mac os as well...

ANyone else having these problems?