How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2013, 06:40 PM

Default Pro Tools 9 not available in my account

Hi there,
I have recently performed a clean install of the latest OSX to my Macbook Pro, so am needing to reinstall Protools 9 but the full installer doesn't show up in my account.
I didn't buy my copy directly from the Avid store, rather through a reseller. They supplied me with login details from where I could download my version, but the login has since stopped working. They also supplied me with the install DVD but I have misplaced this
I cannot find anywhere to order replacement DVDs either, only PT10..
How can I get the installer showing in my avid account, as I do own a valid, registered, legal copy of the product
- Andrew
(login emails, iLok account names, etc can be supplied!)
Old 05-17-2013, 11:05 PM

Default Re: Protools 9 not available in my account

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewkerr View Post
They supplied me with login details from where I could download my version, but the login has since stopped working.
Hi,

This doesn't sound right! They should have given you registration details for you to register your product into your Avid account? Then from there you can access the downloads!

What login details did they provide you with? And where did you login to download PT? As this can only be done via an account? Theres no secret non account login. Almost sounds like they gave you another account to login to to download PT!

Are you sure you haven't got an account registered that you've forgot? This sounds like the obvious explanation. If you have got an account it will be under "view my product details"

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:41 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 9 not available in my account

Hi Chris, thanks for your reply!

Basically I purchased it from a 'trusted reseller' on eBay... (maybe he wasn't??)

-They said he needed my iLok account so he could transfer my Protools license to it
-They gave me a login to an account ([email protected]) where I could download the installers while I wait for my DVD copy (I live in New Zealand, so postage takes a while).
-When I installed I then registered my copy and created my Avid account.

So the problem is my created account doesn't have access to the Avid installers, as the 'reseller' gave me a different account to download from.

Is this normal? Have I just been sold a second hand version of the product?

Is there anyway I can use my iLok license to add the installers to my account? And is there any kind of customer support I can contact for this?

Old 05-19-2013, 03:51 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Is this normal?
No.
Quote:
Have I just been sold a second hand version of the product?
Yes. Touchwood Studios is not an Avid dealer. Since you bought from a private party and not a dealer, you should contact them. Since they did a transfer from one iLok account where the software license was already activated, and then transferred that license to you, you would not have access to any downloads in your Avid account. The downloads are only available in the account of the user that originally uses an activation code for a downloadable version on their Avid account.

But you do now own the license, so you can order replacement installation disks from the online Avid store. Enter the word replacement in the search field, and it will show you the replacement disks for Pro Tools 9, and also for Pro Tools 10.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:04 PM

Here is the specific link:

http://shop.avid.com/store/product.d...07036370320576

EDIT: Just realized you're in New Zealand. I don't know if there's a separate Avid online store for international orders, or how that works.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:56 PM
Admin Emeritus

I just checked, chosing Australia and New Zealand as the location, and the Pro Tools 10 replacement disks show up, but not the Pro Tools 9 disks. I'll check with the store folks to see what's up with that.