Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2016, 01:05 PM

Default Re: Upgrade Plan is current, but a new license/bundle wasn't provided for 12.6

What is this new 12.6 ilok authorization called exactly?

I have an up to date support plan but I'm afraid to upgrade because I've heard of a lot of people suddenly having authorization problems.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:07 PM

Default Re: Upgrade Plan is current, but a new license/bundle wasn't provided for 12.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
The Pro Tools Plan is not the license in question, and has nothing to do with upgrading to the new bundle for Pro Tools 12.6.
Right... that was highlighted by mistake.

Quote:
Your existing Pro Tools license is the Pro Tools with Upgrade and Support Plan 2015 bundle.
See, that's where I got confused. Logically, you'd think that you'd go to the current plan, surrender it, then go to the new one and activate it, but that's not the way it works.

Quote:
The Pro Tools Perpetual Bundle (with 10/11/12) is the new/updated bundle that you will have after surrendering the Pro Tools with Upgrade and Support Plan 2015 bundle. It is a group of perpetual (non-expiring) licenses for Pro Tools 10, 11, and 12, and includes the new Pro Tools Perpetual license that authorizes Pro Tools 12.6. You don't lose anything by upgrading, you simply gain the ability to run 12.6.
The surrender process is found only within the details of the new license, which for me, was counter intuitive.

Quote:
If you want to run 12.6 (while also maintaining the use of 10.0-12.5.2) please activate the Pro Tools Perpetual Bundle (with 10/11/12) and surrender the Pro Tools with Upgrade and Support Plan 2015 bundle.
Hoping this post (and my case reply) have clarified... it is not the the same thing (it add support for 12.6), and that we are not replacing a perpetual license with a subscription.
The activating is something that many may miss... I did.
You'd think that surrendering a license would automatically activate the new one, but it doesn't.

Half of what the user should see is obscured in legalize or inside details.
Details which you have to hunt around for, and click on to see.

I've got to say, this whole process is unnecessarily complicated, but thanks for your indulgence.
Old 10-04-2016, 02:02 PM

just realized i only bought the upgrade plan this time and dropped the plugin and support part since i have never used support and don't use stock plugs so i reckon i am hung out to dry on waiting for my bloody 12.6 perpetual license since i reckon i cannot open a 'support' ticket

they DID put a new 30 day subscription license in my ilok2 assets but i own perpetual licenses. what's up with that? so do i sit with my thumb up my arse and pray avid doesn't overlook me? lol i may not have paid for support but i DID pay for upgrades and they do owe me a new license since 12.6 will not work without a new license.

bottom line is... it is not the place of the consumer to clear up avid's mess so if anyone working for avid sees this please respond. cheers

KNOT HARDLY PRODUCTIONS LLP*
Knot Hardly Esquire
Farcebook Twatter

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Window$10 FX4300 MSI970A-G46 16Gb AMD7870

*a Limited Liability Persona
Old 10-04-2016, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIS AIKEN View Post
What is this new 12.6 ilok authorization called exactly?

I have an up to date support plan but I'm afraid to upgrade because I've heard of a lot of people suddenly having authorization problems.
"Pro Tools Perpetual" or "Pro Tools HD Perpetual" (HD software needs both, just like previous versions). See the Authorization section of the PT 12.6 Info & Downloads KB.

Checked your Avid account and I see you still have a Pro Tools Upgrade and Support Plan 2015 update in your Products Not Yet Downloaded that has not been activated. Please sign in and click Activate Product, enter your iLok User ID, etc.

Will start a support case to make sure this is all taken care of.
Old 10-04-2016, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockridge View Post
...I've got to say, this whole process is unnecessarily complicated, but thanks for your indulgence.
Thanks for the feedback and sorry that this process was counter-intuitive. I see your new Pro Tools Perpetual Bundle (with 10/11/12) is activated to your iLok2, so will close out your case.
Old 10-04-2016, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knothardly View Post
just realized i only bought the upgrade plan this time and dropped the plugin and support part since i have never used support and don't use stock plugs so i reckon i am hung out to dry on waiting for my bloody 12.6 perpetual license since i reckon i cannot open a 'support' ticket
That support is for assisted troubleshooting. License/Account issues can also be reported through the Contact Support link on the Contact Audio & Music Support page.

Quote:
they DID put a new 30 day subscription license in my ilok2 assets but i own perpetual licenses. what's up with that? so do i sit with my thumb up my arse and pray avid doesn't overlook me? lol i may not have paid for support but i DID pay for upgrades and they do owe me a new license since 12.6 will not work without a new license.

bottom line is... it is not the place of the consumer to clear up avid's mess so if anyone working for avid sees this please respond. cheers
Not asking/expecting you to 'fix' this, that's on us and it's in progress. We provided the temp license so you can start using Pro Tools 12.6 now (and you still have your 'previous' bundle to use 10.0-12.5.2 if desired). Started a support case for you to track this, but we are working through any current plans that did not receive the proper licenses yet.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:00 PM

thanks for the info on support jeffro. i went last night to open a ticket that is when i realized i did not buy the additional plan.

as long as peeps are still working on the licenses then i am okay with the wait... just paranoid i will be overlooked. sry cheers

jay

KNOT HARDLY PRODUCTIONS LLP*
Knot Hardly Esquire
Farcebook Twatter

Window$10 FX4300 MSI970A-G46 16Gb AMD7870

*a Limited Liability Persona
Old 10-04-2016, 03:03 PM

Opened a case [#03048020], received a temp license to run 12.6.

My case was closed before receiving a full license.

Should I open a new one or just wait it out?

Mark
Sharktankpro.com
Old 10-04-2016, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biasrocks View Post
...My case was closed before receiving a full license.
Should I open a new one or just wait it out?...
Sorry about this. I'll follow up with the rep - the case should remain open until you have your full license.
Old 10-05-2016, 12:48 AM

Default Re: Please can I have my Licence put in my Ilok Account?

I have a perpetual licence with a PT HD active upgrade and support plan paid for nearly a week ago to renew for another year , and STILL no licence...VERY bad form Avid....
I will call them today..seems they don't answer support requests !