Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 06-12-2008, 07:49 AM
Avid

Default Re: 7.4.2 and Reason still not compatible?

Quote:
Quote:
ALL Rewire capable applications must be updated to their most current, Leopard compatible versions, especially Melodyne.

You could also just remove the Melodyne components from MacHD>Library>Application Support>Propellerhead Software/Rewire, which should allow Pro Tools and ReWire apps to launch (assuming all other ReWire components are up to date...). You'll need to move the DigiRewire plug-in back into the plug-ins folder.

I have done this... no Reason in instruments. It would be nice to have a step-by-step procedure for doing this. Instead of just remove this and that, upgrade latest, move this in here, and it should all work. My suggestion, how about:
Step 1: do this
Step 2: do that
Step 3: K.I.S.S
etc...

Obviously the solution (poorly documented) is not working for everyone...

My .02

It would help if we knew exactly which ReWire capable applications you have and which versions they are. Doing a step by step that's generic to all ReWire applications would probably be more confusing than helpful.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:56 AM
Avid

Quote:

This is exactly the same kind of problem I have been experiencing on the exact same gear! I have updated celemony/melodyne to the latest 1.8.1.3 but this didn't help, reason adapted still won't open, get the same error message "Failed to locate and install Reason Engine, exiting", went to propheadz did everything as advised, restored permissions, changed folder permissions, nopes nada... Funny thou, I then downloaded demo of Reason4 and it worked ? now I wonder how about that factory bundle reason adapted, what's the solution?
Much appreciate your input.
First, trash the Reason Adapted folder located at MacHD>Applications.

Then go to MacHD>Library>Application Support and trash the Propellerhead Software folder, Reason Engine (alias), ReWire, Rex Shared Library (alias) and Rex Shared Library.bundle (if you don't see any particular item, don't worry about it for now.).

Empty the trash, restart and reinstall Reason. Launch Reason once on it's own so that it can reinstall all the proper components.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:03 AM

Quote:

[/QUOTE]
hey all, i got 7.4 (002 desk) last year to run on my G5 power pc (tiger 10.4.9) with reason 4 which all worked fine however the midi information was recording way off sync

[/QUOTE]
Am I missing something or is that a contradictory statement?

Quote:

[/QUOTE]
Reason 4 worked fine on my G5 power PC with Pro Tools 7.3, 7.2 and 7.1

[/QUOTE]
Hey I'm happy for you I really am, but just because Reason 4 worked fine on your system doesn't necessarily mean it's fully compatible with Power PC's. It depends on the kind of ReWire setups you use with PT and also what your idea of 'fine' is . I've had specific compatibility issues since upgrading to Reason 4 that neither Digi nor Propheads could resolve (see above). Propheads themselves have made a statement that there are issues with compatibility between Reason 4 and G5 Power PC's (again see above).
Old 06-12-2008, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Quote:

hey all, i got 7.4 (002 desk) last year to run on my G5 power pc (tiger 10.4.9) with reason 4 which all worked fine however the midi information was recording way off sync

[/QUOTE]
Am I missing something or is that a contradictory statement?

Quote:

[/QUOTE]
Reason 4 worked fine on my G5 power PC with Pro Tools 7.3, 7.2 and 7.1

[/QUOTE]
Hey I'm happy for you I really am, but just because Reason 4 worked fine on your system doesn't necessarily mean it's fully compatible with Power PC's. It depends on the kind of ReWire setups you use with PT and also what your idea of 'fine' is . I've had specific compatibility issues since upgrading to Reason 4 that neither Digi nor Propheads could resolve (see above). Propheads themselves have made a statement that there are issues with compatibility between Reason 4 and G5 Power PC's (again see above).

[/QUOTE]

Im sorry for the confusion but i don't see the contradiction. Reason 4 as an application worked perfectly when re-wired through Pro Tools (7.1 - 7.4) on my old G5 power PC, i was simply saying that i experienced no issues. The midi sync was a fault within Pro Tools 7.4 and the way it records midi info in real time...

Returning to my second statement, i was echoing the difficulties other users are having with 7.4 and reason (albeit different versions) and that there were no issues experienced with previous Pro Tools releases.

Again, my appologies for not being clear before.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Quote:

I have recently sold up my studio and brought a sweet intel dual core power book (2.4 ghz, 2 gig ram, leopard 10.5.3) to use with the m-box micro on my daily commute. Pro Tools (7.4 trail) loaded and worked fine until i installed my mountain of plug ins, re-wires and samples, it would then freeze when loading the "DigiReWire.dpm" plugin. I moved this to my desktop for safe keeping and Pro Tools now loads fine but, as with the others, Reason 4 wont appear in under "instruments" when tying to re-wire. I have countless uninstalled and re-installed both reason and Pro Tools to know avail.
ALL Rewire capable applications must be updated to their most current, Leopard compatible versions, especially Melodyne.

You could also just remove the Melodyne components from MacHD>Library>Application Support>Propellerhead Software/Rewire, which should allow Pro Tools and ReWire apps to launch (assuming all other ReWire components are up to date...). You'll need to move the DigiRewire plug-in back into the plug-ins folder.

Pro Tools Leopard Plug-in Updates
Further more, "DigTechSupport", your a gent (unless your a miss). I followed your advice and now all is good

For those of you that have missed a trick and are still stuck, for me, Melodyne was the problem (i never installed Ableton Live).

Here's how i got my system back on track (with the forum's help)...

1. Trash the Melodyne folder from the "Applications" menu
MacHD>Applcations>MelodyneEssential 1.5

2. i can't remember if there was any but check to see if there are any "Melodyne" re-wire patches in the "plug-ins" folder, if so, trash these
MacHD>Library>Application Support>Digidesign>Plug-Ins

3. Trash remaining "Melodyne" components in the rewire folder (under propellerhead)
MacHD>Library>Application Support>Propellerhead Software/Rewire
i had 3 components here which were - "MelodyneEssentialRewireDevice" + "MelodyneEssentialRewireDevice 22-56-54" + "MelodyneEssentialReWireDevice.plugin"

4. Ensure you put the original culprit - "DigiReWire.dpm" plug-in - back where you got it from if you removed it. It lives at the below address below
MacHD>Library>Application Support>Digidesign>Plug-Ins

This got it working for me without re-installing Reason 4, dumping the software folder or emptying the TRASH... But im sure these additional steps wouldn't hurt.

jhamrick, i hope this all helps, let us know how you get on - obviously though this doesn't help a great deal if you need "melodyne" but then i've never used it...

Again thank you forum and goodnight... For now
Old 06-12-2008, 03:54 PM

Hey 3way records, that's cool I think we're all just getting our rewires crossed on different issues. My point in this thread is that Reason 4 has compatibility problems with PT no matter what the version. There are known issues with Reason 4 on PPC's (no matter what version of PT you're running). I had specific problems with ReWire since upgrading to Reason 4, i.e. 'Reason Engine Not Responding etc.' and so have other users. Propheads have admitted that there are issue with Reason 4 and PPC's. You're one of the lucky ones my friend.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:03 PM

Hey "midi sordino", no probs, guess i was lucky. Sorry i can't assist you with your problems.

Nice "re-wire" pun btw.javascript:void(0)

Aneal
Old 06-13-2008, 08:25 PM

3way thanks for the input. My issue was resolved by the Digi Tech support suggestion.
Quote:
First, trash the Reason Adapted folder located at MacHD>Applications.

Then go to MacHD>Library>Application Support and trash the Propellerhead Software folder, Reason Engine (alias), ReWire, Rex Shared Library (alias) and Rex Shared Library.bundle (if you don't see any particular item, don't worry about it for now.).

Empty the trash, restart and reinstall Reason. Launch Reason once on it's own so that it can reinstall all the proper components.

I had to do a couple of steps afterward.
First I cant restart and reinstall reason - I had to reinstall then restart reason, I'm just not that good (Just kidding... I know he meant restart the computer)

The last thing I had to do was another reboot. I was able to see reason 305 adaptive in the instruments and audio trax.

Melodyne is another story as I haven't attempted to load the app or its update version. I let you know how it goes...
Old 06-17-2008, 05:38 PM

Kind of Odd. I'm on 7>4 (might not have cs.2?) and my Reason 4 works fairly well with my iMac G5 PPC.

Everything still as buggy, no worse, than ever. I'd switch to something else but I like the sound of PT and I know my function key super well, don't feel like relearning something that just going to get all F-ed up because Mac can't sit on an OS long enough to make it good and stable anyway!

cheers all,
lane
Old 09-16-2008, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixBox View Post
Dowski, you are not alone.

I have a MacBook Pro 2.2 with 2GB ram and a brand new 003 Factory and I am going crazy trying to figure this out.

I seem to have the same error as you. Pro Tools will not boot with the DigiRewire plug-in in the folder. If you remove it, then it will boot fine. My standalone Reason 2.5 works perfectly, but is obviously not rewired to Pro Tools. I have a fresh install of Leopard 10.5.3 and fresh install of PT 7.4.2pr. I tried resetting permissions, trashing prefs, and burning purple goat feathers while chanting Pink Floyd lyrics... nothing works.

Trying to launch Reason Adapted on its own does not work either because of an error that says "Failed to locate and install Reason Engine, exiting". (Not sure if this needs PT's to be running correctly with rewire in order to work or not but will not boot before or after PT's is running right now.)

The version of Reason Adapted is 3.0.5 (build 674) Which is supposed to be fully Leopard compatible, so the last post is questionable. I don't understand what is going on.

Help, someone please, any rational ideas??????

Has anyone found a solution to these problems, I have just given up to be honest, for myself who doesn't have much technical experience with programs etc it seems like a mountain to climb...very disapointed in both companies