Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Aspera DigiDelivery

Old 10-31-2008, 12:53 PM

Default Looking for a few alpha/beta testers for an updated DD client...

Hi Folks,

Chris Markle here from Aspera... We are working on an update to the DD client, primarily intended on this first pass to address the more egregious bugs rather than to make significant enhancements. One area getting some "love" is the area suspend and resume, which doesn't really work that accurately now.

We're not ready quite yet but we'd like to have some people "volunteer" to do alpha or beta testing, on both the Windows and OS X platforms. By beta I mean "this product is pretty much ready to go, but we need some customer testing". By alpha I mean "this product is roughly ready but is still undergoing some development and we'd like some customer feedback and testing".

We're really looking for people that use the client a fair amount and do both posting _and_ receiving of deliveries. And as noted we'd like some people from both the Windows and Mac camps (although to help us you don't need to run both platforms).

If you might be interested in helping us when we get to that point, can you please let me know. Just shoot me an email to [email protected]. Thanks!

(And if you have any favorite client issues that you'd like to see addressed, let me know as well either via that email or here on the forum. Frank - we're getting to your favorite issues so don't fret... )

Chris
Old 12-16-2008, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Looking for a few alpha/beta testers for an updated DD client...

Hi folks,

Chris Markle here again from Aspera... We have a pretty solid alpha version of the DigiDelivery client now ready and have provided it to a few of you with pretty good results. I am now specifically looking for some Windows users to give this a try. That would be XP or Vista. (Vista is now officially supported and does not blow up on Quit or "x" as it used to.)

So if you're willing to give this a try, especially on Windows, please contact me a [email protected].

Thanks in advance...

Chris
Old 02-26-2009, 12:02 AM

Seems leopard and DD client 2.1 build 393 have some wired ness. . .

Selecting recipients in the address book window.
and if you can get someone slected even though I can't seem to see where I am clicking and then go to add some one else.. it acts even wierder with the screen and scrolling.

Your probably aware of this but I though I would let you know. I use it quite often and have just been working around these issues.

Thanks.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:13 PM

I'm game, wanna send me a Serv|LT???

I think I'm gonna jump in the game on this...... I need something like this.

Please refer to my other post "Digidelivery Serv|LT"....

Wondering the benefit of this over a dedicated server/host/FTP setup.

Mac Pro 5,1 3.33 GHz Hex, 32GB
EFI Flashed - 5 GT/s Modded 7950, Dual Apple 23"
OSX Sierra
Pro Tools HD 11.2.2
Waves IOS, IOX, STG2412
Extreme Server (x2)
Logic Pro X, DSP Quattro, Final Cut Pro X
Waves Mercury+SSL+AbbeyRoads
Trident S65 with embedded US-2400

Live:
2012 Mac Mini, Dual SSD, i7 2.4, 16GB
Win 10, OSX Sierra
LV1, MRSG
Hardware from above (same gear)
Dual Dell P2418HT Touch Screens
Waves Icon X (x2), M, with Screens
Custom enclosure
Old 01-19-2010, 01:29 AM

Will the beta ever become official? It´s been 2 years of beta-testing. Would be great to provide cilents with a working pause/resume feature.

frank.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:18 PM

Digidelivery appears to be completely broken on Snow Leopard 10.6.2.

Been trying to Digideliver for 5 days now, crashes out during postflight every time. Anyone having any joy? Delivery is only 6.5GB.

Thanks for any help.

Ceri
Mix Tech/Assistant Sound Editor
Old 02-12-2010, 04:03 PM

Hi Ceri,

I take it you have Rosetta installed? Using DD client 2.1.1?

Working fine for me under 10.6.2 (well as fine as ever). Does often crash if I try to send/receive a second job without first closing the DD client, but other than that seems as good under Snow Leopard as Leopard.

If you want to do any tests to/from our dd server just shout.

Cheers,

Phill.
(Universal Sound)
Old 02-19-2010, 10:48 AM

Thanks Phill, got it working eventually it seems it's like my high school slogan "Perseverance breeds success"

Aspera wanted £300 for a single incident support ticket. That's absurd really. Actually laughed out loud when I read that email.

Thanks for the offer but it does seem to be behaving better now. Didn't get to the bottom of it but there you go.

C
Mix Tech/Assistant Sound Editor
Old 02-20-2010, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C View Post
Thanks Phill, got it working eventually it seems it's like my high school slogan "Perseverance breeds success"

Aspera wanted £300 for a single incident support ticket. That's absurd really. Actually laughed out loud when I read that email.

Thanks for the offer but it does seem to be behaving better now. Didn't get to the bottom of it but there you go.

C
Glad you got it working. Various people trying to send to us lately have had problems and reverted to our ftp site in the end. £300 to sort something out that is almost certainly a bug in their software is rediculous. I have no idea why Digidesign sold to Aspera or why Aspera bought Digidelivery, they certainly don't seem interested in developing it or sorting the buggy client out.

Cheers,

Phill.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:03 AM

Chris if you´re listening:

Please release the beta-client! It has been working in a stable manner and I think more than a year without updates for the beta means that beta-testing is pretty much dead anyway. Don´t let DD fade away in ignorance.

I´ve invested quite some time to work out bugs with Jon (your programmer, who is a nice guy).

It would really be a shame if all this work went down the drain