Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2009, 03:19 PM

Default i want to bounce a mix to disc but there are 2 many tracks?

im trying to make a dj mix, i have so far used about 19 tracks, i have to make some tracks inactive every time i wanna hear the whole mix through and create new tracks.
When i try to bounce to disc not all the tracks are audible, and i have more to record yet.
what should i do to be able to continue adding tracks and still be able to bounce the whole mix to disc at the end???
any help anyone?
Old 10-04-2009, 07:48 AM

Default Re: i want to bounce a mix to disc but there are 2 many tracks?

all you need is 2 tracks
on track 1 the first song then on track two the second song that way you can blend the songs then for song 3 put it on track one by the end of the second song on track two and continue on only useing two track odd song on the first track and even on the second then u could do voice overs on the 3rd track make it mono
Old 10-04-2009, 10:26 AM

Group tracks and send to an AUX, that will save voices. Your AUX can be stereo and can have as many inputs as you want, for instance; all your drum and percussion tracks to a stereo AUX, then all your synth tracks to another stereo AUX.
Another method would be to record multiple tracks, as outlined above, to a single stereo Audio track. Then disable your audio tracks and just use your new stereo track.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:59 PM

thanks..
i managed to bus the audio from the audio tracks to an aux track but in this i case it wont be any good cause the audio track needs to be active to be audible through the aux track.
i would like to be able to bus the audio to another audio track and record it all to 1 track then delete the other tracks at the end but it wont work can u do what im trying to do...
when i bus it all to the knew audio track i dont get any signal even when i have record enabled??? im not sure..
Old 10-05-2009, 09:59 AM

your Audio outs need to be matched to the new Audio tracks input. I would suggest a stereo track for panning. Example, you have 10 drum tracks, assign out 3-4 for each, your new stereo track assign 3-4 as input, mute all other tracks and record your new stereo drum track, then turn off the original drum tracks, you now have 8 open voices for pro tools.