Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2018, 01:17 PM

Default Time Change Bit Me

Well, make it that lack of a time change. It did not change. iLok didn't like it one bit when I tried to change the time manually without being connected to the internet.

Things seemed to spiral down from there.....

I take it I am the only one? Is this because I was total power-off when the clocks got tolled back due to power supply/cleaner being in a power off state? The MOBO battery need replacing? I suppose I should dig deeper online... still curious if others here had that little battle going on.
Old 11-06-2018, 05:28 AM

Default Re: Time Change Bit Me

Not sure, but it may be because of not being connected to the internet.
My system will boot with the wrong time sometimes (for whatever reason) and whenever I change it to the right time and try to start PT, I get an iLok message that the clock needs to be repaired. It does something in the background, fixes itself and I'm good to go after that. The only thing I can think of that's different is that I'm connected to the net.

System Details
Old 11-06-2018, 09:46 AM

The system clock(set in BIOS) and the clock in Windows need to match, so changing the battery is not a bad idea. while they USUALLY last 5 years, on 2 of my X79 builds(with the same ASUS motherboard), they only last a year

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-06-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkgear View Post
Not sure, but it may be because of not being connected to the internet.
My system will boot with the wrong time sometimes (for whatever reason) and whenever I change it to the right time and try to start PT, I get an iLok message that the clock needs to be repaired. It does something in the background, fixes itself and I'm good to go after that. The only thing I can think of that's different is that I'm connected to the net.
This fixed itself as soon as I connected to the internet. Not surprising when I think it through. How many people would fudge dates and times to keep perpetual demo versions....
Old 11-06-2018, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
The system clock(set in BIOS) and the clock in Windows need to match, so changing the battery is not a bad idea. while they USUALLY last 5 years, on 2 of my X79 builds(with the same ASUS motherboard), they only last a year
That makes total sense. I will look in to this. Thx.