Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 05-16-2013, 11:57 AM

Default Re: Revised Pricing for CPTK to PT HD Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Cariddi View Post
Hi Johan,

As I've said before, keeping Pro Tools software open has been key to the strategy since PT9 and remains so today. We have no plans to close off future versions of Pro Tools to work only with Avid hardware, nor do we have plans to force customers with Pro Tools HD software to upgrade to hardware.

Thanks,
Tony
Hi Tony,

This may be a question to start another thread.

Are there any plans of offering a Pro Tools HD Native upgrade path to Pro Tools users without the CPTK?

I would definitely be interested in purchasing Pro Tools HD software without having to purchase HD Hardware.

Thanks
Old 05-16-2013, 12:14 PM

well this is worth celebrating !

very much looking forward to 11 now !

great news.

thanks,
paul
Old 05-16-2013, 12:49 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgarath View Post
Hi Tony,

This may be a question to start another thread.

Are there any plans of offering a Pro Tools HD Native upgrade path to Pro Tools users without the CPTK?

I would definitely be interested in purchasing Pro Tools HD software without having to purchase HD Hardware.

Thanks
When you say Pro Tools HD Native - that is a product that contains HD Software and hardware (PCIe or Thunderbolt box plus interface).

What I think you mean is - do we have any plans to sell Pro Tools HD software separately (or allow PT users who don't have CPTK to upgrade) from the HD Native or HDX hardware? The answer to that is not at this time.

Thanks,
Tom

[email protected]

Check out our Pro Mixing Webinars :
http://www.avid.com/US/resources/pro-mixing-webinars

Avid Pro Mixing Blog:
http://www.avidblogs.com/promixing/
Old 05-16-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Hi folks,

After considering your feedback, Avid is pleased to announce revised pricing for Complete Production Toolkit customers who wish to upgrade to Pro Tools HD 11 software. The pricing now matches the standard Pro Tools HD 11 software upgrade pricing.

Customers will be able to purchase these upgrades from the Avid store when Pro Tools 11 software is available for sale later in Q2:

Price (US MSRP)
PRO TOOLS 10 + CPTK to PRO TOOLS HD 11 $599
PRO TOOLS 9 + CPTK to PRO TOOLS HD 11 $999

Again, thanks for your input and commitment to the Pro Tools platform. We're committed to serving you.
Hi...will this PT 11 HD software work with my 003R? In other words is this Native?
Old 05-16-2013, 12:57 PM

Sorry for any confusion. Yes, I meant "do we have any plans to sell Pro Tools HD software separately."

Thanks for answering my question.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:03 PM

Tony,

I have questions relating both to specific pricing nuances that Avid may or may not be prepared to cater for, and questions relating to the circumstances of the announcement of CPTK's withdrawal.

Plenty of others have also asked questions and have spent a lot of time teasing out a whole range of issues.

I'm not convinced that throwing the door open by asking individuals to raise their outstanding questions again is particularly efficacious. Surely it would be better to issue a specific FAQ designed to cover all the issues already raised.

I'm certainly prepared, if necessary, to begin raising my unanswered questions again, in this thread, if that is what you really want. However, given that Avid has been actively monitoring the topics under discussion, I have to confess that I'll be more than a little disappointed if Avid has not already been considering its position, and coming to a decision on what's its stance will be.

Advise please.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 05-16-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Graham View Post
What I think you mean is - do we have any plans to sell Pro Tools HD software separately (or allow PT users who don't have CPTK to upgrade) from the HD Native or HDX hardware? The answer to that is not at this time.
Thanks, Tom
Sadly this will force me to think again my shifting process to PT. I have Motu's HWs and I'm not going to buy new HW just for having surround or disk cache. I do post production and vanilla could work in most cases, but that doesn't offer anything over DP. I really hope you will release CPTK for 11 also.

Edit: That's what I thought.. PTHDN/OMNI I bought

Last edited by P_J; 06-06-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:24 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus44uk View Post
Hi...will this PT 11 HD software work with my 003R? In other words is this Native?
The 003 interfaces are supported in Pro Tools HD 11, according to the preliminary compatibility information:
Pro Tools HD 11.0 Approved Audio Interfaces and Peripherals
Old 05-16-2013, 01:37 PM

Hello Tony,

thank you very much for the good news. Will these upgrades be a limited time offer or a permanent one? Also, how will surrendering the PT10+CPTK licenses work? Does this mean I can't continue to work in PT10+CPTK once I upgraded?

Quote:
Hi folks,

After considering your feedback, Avid is pleased to announce revised pricing for Complete Production Toolkit customers who wish to upgrade to Pro Tools HD 11 software. The pricing now matches the standard Pro Tools HD 11 software upgrade pricing.

Customers will be able to purchase these upgrades from the Avid store when Pro Tools 11 software is available for sale later in Q2:

Price (US MSRP)
PRO TOOLS 10 + CPTK to PRO TOOLS HD 11 $599
PRO TOOLS 9 + CPTK to PRO TOOLS HD 11 $999

Again, thanks for your input and commitment to the Pro Tools platform. We're committed to serving you.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:39 PM

@Tom Graham,

The question that was asked, that a lot of people have expressed interest in, is that there are people with the CPTK, that instead of simply upgrading to the HD11 software only, would like to actually upgrade to HD Native or HDX systems.

They would like to see some kind of upgrade offer for them, having spent money on the CPTK license. Basically some kind of discount on an HD Native or HDX system because they have the CPTK. They could surrender the CPTK to get this. Also, ideally, they could combine this with other trade up offers like the 00x to HD Native, etc.

I had put this on the idea scale recently. A lot of people in the past had bought something like a 003 plus CPTK, who would have instead bought an HD Native system, only HD Native was not introduced yet.

It would be nice to offer an upgrade to these people, or anyone with a CPTK license.

Could you please comment on if anything like this might be available?