Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2015, 06:10 PM

Default The run around

I made the big mistake of upgrading to Yosemite. Now Native Instruments Maschine won't open as I'm sure you are all finding out. I know all about removing the core audio driver many people have posted but that doesn't solve the problem. That allows me to open Maschine but I still can't use it with pro tools. It's not a "fix" if I can't use my digi 002 with maschine so I don't want to hear about that work around. It doesn't do me any good.

I called native instruments and they said it's avid's problem with their driver. So I tried to email avid or call them, well that's impossible unless I want to pay $40. And if I do that they'll probably say it's native instruments problem. Not sure what to do at this point. Avid is getting on my last nerve with total lack of support. Anyone know how to resolve this problem? Thanks.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:42 PM

Default Re: The run around

Restore the backup to the working system you had before. If you didn't back up prior to a MAJOR OS change...consider this lesson learned...the hard way. Carbon Copy Cloner is cheap and so are USB 3 drives...way cheaper than the headache you've got yourself in.

Hate to break it to you, but thems the breaks. ALWAYS, ALWAYS have a backup plan if not three; onsite, cloud, and off site.
MBP 15" High Sierra 10.13.3, i7 2.6Ghz, 8Gb DDR, 750Gb 7200rpm, PT 2019.5, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Octopre MkII, Glyph GPT50, Avalon 737sp, AMS Neve 1073's, API 512c, CAPI 312's, DW drums, Fender Guitars/Amps, AKG, Rode, Sennheiser, Neumann U87 & KM184's, Coles 4038, Equator D5 monitors
Old 01-26-2015, 06:54 PM

Yeah it's not looking good. I think I'm going to try using Logic Pro.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:55 AM

Just reinstall the OS.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:18 PM

I would like to but I didn't back anything up first. That's my bad!
Old 01-27-2015, 12:21 PM

Default The run around

Well you have a rapidly closing set of options. if you want to get working again your best bet is to download the previous version of OS X and do a full clean install. Ideally install on a new/separate drive to avoid making things worse than they already are.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:47 PM

I've been waiting to see if either Avid, Native Instruments or Apple are going to resolve the issue but it's not looking good. Yosemite has been out for over 90 days and it's still not working with Maschine & Pro Tools combined. Very frustrating. I waited 2 months to update to Yosemite. Now I'm waiting around for a fix hopefully with an update because I'm not reinstalling Mavericks. I'll find different software if I have to.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:01 AM

Default The run around

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionel frampton View Post
I'm not reinstalling Mavericks. I'll find different software if I have to.

Really? You really want to play that card.....?

Have you not seen all of the vitriolic threads here about avid and PT12?

Honest question with ZERO sarcasm...here goes.

You really think they care?

They don't, and you screwed yourself without a viable return path. Your music platform must be for fun, b/c if you can out wait AVID then you are clearly a committed soul, or delusional either or (ok that had a touch of sarcasm, sorry)

Point is, if your PT / NI setup "is" important then Yosemite "is not", there are no "two which ways about it" okay maybe that's a Texas idiom however I believe you understand my point

My $0.02 Apple doesn't care either, but they will all take credit cards
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:26 AM

It's obvious Avid doesn't care with their total lack of support. You can't even send them a free email!

I'm not going to wait till the end of time for them to resolve it but I would think they would try to do an update to make it compatible with Yosemite and Native Instruments.

It says at the end of this quote they are supposedly working on it. And I do blame myself for not reading it carefully. The first paragraph makes it look like everything is fine. I didn't read the 2nd! And I'm really just getting the word out so people don't make the mistake I did.

"Native Instruments has conducted systematic compatibility and performance tests with the release version of Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite. The results have concluded that all our current products are fully compatible without any specific issues under standard installations of this operating system. The corresponding general system requirements for Native Instruments products are available on the dedicated product pages.

Please note that products with a hardware dependency, such as MASCHINE, KOMPLETE KONTROL, TRAKTOR, GUITAR RIG and Controller Editor will not launch if AVIDs CoreAudioManager / Drivers are installed under Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite. Native Instruments and Avid are working together to resolve this compatibility issue."