Avid Scorch

Avid Scorch (iOS) Forum

Scorch Forum Home Page

Forum Terms of Use

Scorch for iPad Support FAQ

Avid Scorch

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Avid Scorch (iOS) Forum

Old 09-20-2011, 03:46 PM

Default Scorch doesn't work with Safari 5.1. Confirmed by Sibelius!

Read this if you are a Mac user with Snow Leopard or Lion installed. Click on the link at the bottom and read Daniel's (from Sibelius Support) comment in the thread.

I tried to post this on the thread but thought it should be posted here instead. My response to problems with Scorch and Safari 5.1:-

"If Scorch is not supported in Safari 5.1, the download link should be removed from The Scorch website. I have spent almost all day trying to figure out why Scorch works in Firefox and not Safari.

Bad oversight by Avid Daniel. There should be a link to this thread for other Mac Scorch users to the Scorch download page."

Eric Lovat Sibelius 7.02 MacBook Pro, Mac OS X 10.6.8

See link from Sibelius Music for this revelation:-

http://www.sibeliusmusic.com/cgi-bin...pid=1&&guest=1
Old 09-23-2011, 02:19 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Scorch doesn't work with Safari 5.1. Confirmed by Sibelius!

Hi Evnoic,

Safari 5 on Lion changed the way it interfaces with the plug-in format that Scorch uses on Mac OS, which is why it's not working.

I'll let Daniel know and we'll work on making the download pages clearer.

Although you probably know, this forum isn't for the Windows and Mac OS Scorch plug-in but for people to discuss the Scorch app on the iPad.

Sam
Old 09-23-2011, 02:25 AM
Super Moderator

Hi again,

We're now mentioning this on the download page for Scorch:

http://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/down...sh&prod=scorch

... and also in the support article too:

www.sibelius.com/A611

Hope this helps,

Sam
Old 09-23-2011, 08:53 AM

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the update. I noticed the change today on the download page. I use Scorch on both the iPad and on the web in Firefox now. I thought posting here would help users like myself. Apologies. Scorch is great as a teaching aid for some of my pupils who have access to the web, but don't own an iPad. I am thinking about publishing an ebook in the EPUB format sometime in the future. Just a thought, but would it be possible to embed Scorch and the corresponding Sibelius file somehow. I am going to use InDesign CS5 to lay out the ebook and publish it in the EPUB format. I would like to embed audio to complement my notation, and I guess it's possible to embed an mp3 file. The Scorch approach would be more elegant and probably save on space, but I'm only guessing.

Eric Lovat
Old 09-27-2011, 02:34 AM
Super Moderator

Hello Evnoic,

I don't think there is a way to embed Scorch within an EPUB format file. Have you considered publishing in HTML format instead? You could then effectively embed Scorch just like you would on a normal website.

Best wishes,

Joe