Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 12-09-2018, 04:09 PM

Default iLok Issue...Still

Contacted iLok support last week due to the fact that my iLok licenses for plugins would not recognize mid session, then less than a minute later, they would be recognized but I could not add a plugin to a track until I close and restart ProTools.

iLok recommended that I install the latest iLok manager (which I already have) and problem should be solved.....Nope! Still happening

Anyone else having this issue and figure out a work around?

Thanks!
Old 12-09-2018, 05:05 PM

Default Re: iLok Issue...Still

Transfer licenses to the cloud and see if this still happens. If not it’s your iLok.
Old 12-09-2018, 05:16 PM

What Darryl said Or you have your USB ports set to sleep after a certain time has lapsed. Look at the settings for power daving or energy saving and see f you have your ports set to goto sleep.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-09-2018, 06:32 PM

Thank you both for your response. Some of my licenses won't allow the iLok cloud. That's unfortunate because I think they all should be compatible.

With regards to the USB ports, I checked in System Prefs/Energy Saver but I didn't see anything listing USB ports, only hard drives. Where do I find that?

Thanks again!
Old 12-09-2018, 06:57 PM

Just move PT and license that is giving you a problem to the cloud. Why do the others even matter? You are trying to troubleshoot if the iLok is bad or not, and rather quickly maybe before you are stuck up a creek with a dead iLok...
Old 12-09-2018, 07:16 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, however it's not just a single license that's causing the issue. Once I restart Pro Tools it works fine. I'm starting to wonder if it's a iLok comp issue with either PT 2018 or Mojave
Old 12-09-2018, 07:30 PM

This is not rocket science. Just put all the licenses you can in the cloud and just see if you have *any* problems there. If not then replace your iLok, move other licenses or all of them to your new iLok. Your problems are your problems... your install or (quite likely) a faulty iLok. You need to troubleshoot your issues. Nobody else can help you. There are no general known problems, if there were DUC would be ablaze with them.
Old 12-09-2018, 07:50 PM

And it looks like you are on a Mac, so you don’t have all the Windows USB power settings, but do all Mac optimizations and test with iLok using multiple different USB ports, remove all other USB peripherals you can (including any USB interfaces... test with Built-In Output if needed) and test with the iLok in a powered USB2 hub, all to look for faulty Mac hardware.
Old 12-09-2018, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
This is not rocket science. Just put all the licenses you can in the cloud and just see if you have *any* problems there. If not then replace your iLok, move other licenses or all of them to your new iLok. Your problems are your problems... your install or (quite likely) a faulty iLok. You need to troubleshoot your issues. Nobody else can help you. There are no general known problems, if there were DUC would be ablaze with them.
Old 12-10-2018, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
And it looks like you are on a Mac, so you don’t have all the Windows USB power settings, but do all Mac optimizations and test with iLok using multiple different USB ports, remove all other USB peripherals you can (including any USB interfaces... test with Built-In Output if needed) and test with the iLok in a powered USB2 hub, all to look for faulty Mac hardware.
Might not be faulty Mac hardware but the now-classic thing of iLoks not being happy with USB3 ports.

QAPLA!