Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 08:48 PM

Default how do you erase all automation?

I want to erase all automation from all of the tracks on my song. I usually do this by selecting all tracks as "write" and then playing the song but there must be a faster way to do this. Thanks in advance!

Allen
Old 05-11-2005, 10:07 PM

Default Re: how do you erase all automation?

just select everything with the cursor then press delete...
Old 05-12-2005, 12:49 AM

Default Re: how do you erase all automation?

Try this: Select all the audio on the timeline using Command+A, then from the edit menu select 'Write Automation To All Enabled Parameters'. This will then flatten all of the automation across all tracks for all currently automatable parameters. There are a couple of slight draw backs to doing this: Firstly, it will use the initial value for any given parameter on a particular track as the value to use throughout that track. So if a tracks volume was at -10dB at the start of the timeline, that value would be carried across the whole length of your selection. Or if a track was muted at the start of the timeline selection, the mute would also be written across the whole duration of your selection. The other slight draw back is that breakpoints will be added across ALL parameters at the end of your selection, which could be time consuming to get rid of. Thinking about it, maybe this method isn't that great. Since I've already typed this though, I'll post it anyway