Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2008, 03:46 AM

Exclamation Buffer/CPU Underrun Error All The Sudden

i have windows xp and digi 001 with pro tools 6.4 all the sudden since today i have been getting this message saying buffer error / cpu error ... i have never had this problem ... i have like 3GB of ram and 3.2Ghz process so i know im good .. im not running alot of plugins .. it just wont play i have tried on external hard drive to internat hard drive but nothing it keeps giving me this cpu error and i have messed with the playback engine but the same thing ... im not running nothing but pro tools it is very werid any advice would really help .. thanks abunch people....
Old 09-26-2008, 04:11 AM

Wink Re: Buffer/CPU Underrun Error All The Sudden

never mind the problem has been fixed i had download a fighting game and along it included a file named PnkBstrA.exe and when i deleated the game it didnt leave the registry/computer so i went to download the unistall from this website below and it got rid of it .. i restart my computer and bam its gone .. pro tools plays now with out cpu error... thanks if u tried to figue out ....

info i used to get my protools working ..... damn games ...

PnkBstrA.exe is normally a legit file. However, it can also cause problems.

Do the following and see if it helps.

Download the following program:

http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe

Open the program above and click the "Uninstall" button. This will remove the PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe service.

Some may need to rmove the registry entries.

Go to START --> RUN .. type regedit

search in these parts

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Controlset001\Sevices look for PnkBstrA PnkBstrB and PnkBstrK .. just right click on the folder listed on the left and delete.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Controlset003\Services look for PnkBstrA PnkBstrB and PnkBstrK .. just right click on the folder listed on the left and delete.

Also in C:\windows\system32\drivers is PnkBstrK.sys .. safe to delete.

Regards Howard :)
Old 09-26-2008, 12:01 PM

Thumbs down Re: Buffer/CPU Underrun Error All The Sudden

nevermind i guess that wasnt the problem lol ... i need help please
Old 09-29-2008, 09:51 AM
Avid

Default Re: Buffer/CPU Underrun Error All The Sudden

Please start with the steps in the General Troubleshooting thread and you may want to look at the Help Us Help You thread for more about what we need to help you properly.

Also, have you installed anything else recently that may be contributing to the problem?