Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 08-29-2008, 09:08 AM

Default can't bounce to MP3

I have a M-powered digidesign bundle and after composing and recording all of my music, I cannot bounce to Mp3 because a window comes up saying "module initialization failed for MP3.dll. The MP3 demo period may have expired."

Is there a plugin that comes with this bundle that I forgot to activate? I really want to upload the music to my myspace band account but I can't unless the files are MP3.

shoot me a PM or an email PLEASE. I really need some help with this. I'm a new user to Protools and I want to share my music.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:02 PM

Default Re: can't bounce to MP3

Did you actually buy the MP3 option? If not, then "the MP3 demo period may have expired" is an accurate message.

There are numerous free programs you can use outside of Pro Tools to convert wave bounces to MP3's.
CDex for instance.

Also note for any future issues you may have, there is a dedicated forum for M-Audio/Pro Tools M-Powered users.
This is the Pro Tools LE forum.

Good luck-
Old 08-30-2008, 02:52 AM

Just like jms40 said u prolly have a trial mp3 option plugin .... if u didn't buy the mp3 option then most likely u have a trial one ... u can buy the mp3 option for like 20 bucks on protools.com or digidesign.com .... but if u did purchased it then u need to enter the code to register the plugin .... hope this helps ....
Old 08-30-2008, 11:11 PM

indeed it does help. Thanks gents.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:58 AM

I just bought the Music Production Toolkit and can't use the bounce to MP3 option but all of the other features appear to be working. I already had Pro Tools LE 7.3 when I bought the upgrade so I went online to Digi and got the download and installed that. I have 6 registrations on my iLok but still can't bounce to MP3. Any ideas?
Old 12-25-2009, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThursday View Post
I just bought the Music Production Toolkit and can't use the bounce to MP3 option but all of the other features appear to be working.
I upgraded to MPTK and the bounce to MP3 recently stopped working too...I had to go back and dig up the original Serial Number from when I bought the MP3 option back in 2002! Glad I kept that.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:01 PM

There is a free program called Goldwave that is a goldmine of changes you can make to a stereo wave file. You can compress them, change the overall EQ, etc.. all the things a mastering engineer typically does.

If you download Goldwave and make sure to also download the specific DLL that allows it save files as MP3s you are set. I forget the name of the MP3 file, but you just download it and copy it to the same folder as the Goldwave system files. But I have been using Goldwave to do this for me for years now.

Just master to 16-bit, 44.1 khz stereo interleaved .wav file - open that file in Goldwave, and "save as" an MP3 file.