Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2004, 08:26 AM

Default bugged out 6.4

whats up with the 6.4 upgrade. everytime i close out protools i get like 5 error popups. i thought errors only happend in baseball. could someone please tell me whats up with that. do i need re install 6.1 untill they fix this problem or is it something i need to do to stop this from happing. could someone please help a fellow DUCer out. thanks
Old 06-07-2004, 11:56 AM

Default Re: bugged out 6.4

Since this isn't happening with anyone else.. it would appear to be related to your system.. first thing to do would be to remove all 3rd party plug-ins and see what happens. You have updated all your plug-ins right?

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 06-07-2004, 12:09 PM

no ive not updated my plugins. im using waves when i tried to up date to 4 i could never get it to work. i am not on line with my rig didnt want to risk getting hit with a virus or something. so my question would be how do i up date waves without being on line. is there someway i could get a cd from waves and update that way. or am i confined to the www to be able to up date. by the way 6.1 works fine with my system. i never ecountered any errors with 6.1. starting or closing. but i did have to by a new motherboard albatron 865pe/pe pro springdale (what ever that means.).thanks for the insight.
Old 06-07-2004, 01:46 PM

for waves challenge/response authorization...you pretty much have to hook up for at least a little while.

What kind of internet connection do you have? If it's cable, your chances of being hit by a virus merely by being connected are fairly slim. But, if you're worried, you can run virus scans like stinger and trend micro's. If you don't want to be hooked up any longer than necessary, download the installers/updaters on another computer, burn them to cd, run them on the "rig", then hook up the internet connection momentarily just to perform the authorizations.