Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2012, 10:07 AM

Default Reason: Incompatible library version: Pro Tools requires version 9.0.6 or later, but

HI All,
I hope some one can help me here. I recently installed PT9 and it was great as I didn't need to have the audio interface plugged in to use the the PT software.

THEN, I decided to record some stuff and I need to use the mbox. As the Avid site says, you should install the drivers after installing the PT software, however; after installing the drivers the PT software would boot up and I get a long report error and the following reason on it:

Reason: Incompatible library version: Pro Tools requires version 9.0.6 or later, but CFnd provides version 9.0.0

The strange thing is that I DID install both PT9 and then PT9.0.6.
Cn someone advise why this is?
Thanks - Patrick
Old 11-18-2012, 10:08 AM

Default Re: Reason: Incompatible library version: Pro Tools requires version 9.0.6 or later,

I should have mentioned above, this was when installing on a macbook air running OSX 10.7.5
Old 11-19-2012, 05:58 AM

Default Re: Reason: Incompatible library version: Pro Tools requires version 9.0.6 or later,

Hi,

Trash all prefs first..

Delete Pro Tools preferences.
-Go to Users > “your user name” > Library > Preferences
-Delete 'com.digidesign.protoolsLE.plist', 'DAE Prefs' (folder), 'DigiSetup.OSX' and 'Pro Tools preferences'.
-Empty trash, then restart the computer.

Then uninstall and reinstall Pro Tools...

-Run the Pro Tools installer from your CD-ROM or web download.
-Click on the Custom Install menu and choose "Uninstall".
-Click continue and then choose the option for "Clean" uninstall
-Click OK when it reports that the uninstall was successful and then reinstall Pro Tools.
Then the latest version of 9

Then the latest driver for the interface

See if that works

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:46 PM

Hi Chris,
Thanks for your response. I can't find the user files on the Lion OS? I clicked on Users & Group Preferences on the top right of the screen near the spot light option, but could not get into the system or library folders. I also search for all the file names you mentioned in your first step, in spotlight and in a system window search bar but no results.

I hope you can provide some further assistance. Cheers - Patrick