Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2017, 12:20 PM

Default Re: PT 12.8 preview w/ Atmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by reichman View Post
Having no hands-on experience with either box, I can't give you details, but in general MTRX is an audio interface, and Intonato is a monitor controller. I don't think MTRX can do bass management or speaker time alignment, and I don't think Intonato can route multiple PT workstations' audio outputs. Both boxes exist to accomplish different tasks.
Looking at the Avid site, MTRX seems to have some monitoring features using the Pro | Mon 2 and DADman software, but perhaps it isn't as comprehensive as the Intonato.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:44 AM

Due to the processing overheads and complex routing requirements of Atmos the Atmos Production Suite workflow limits Pro Tools’ capability to use automatic delay compensation.

Does anyone know what this means in practice? I rely heavily on delay compensation on my mixes. If using Dolby Atmos Production Suite, should I turn delay compensation off? Or it just doesn't work (properly)? Sounds like a big limitation to me.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad jitter View Post
Due to the processing overheads and complex routing requirements of Atmos the Atmos Production Suite workflow limits Pro Tools’ capability to use automatic delay compensation.

Does anyone know what this means in practice? I rely heavily on delay compensation on my mixes. If using Dolby Atmos Production Suite, should I turn delay compensation off? Or it just doesn't work (properly)? Sounds like a big limitation to me.
The way I read that is that Delay Compensation needs to be "ON" -IE you may not work with delay compensation "OFF" when you use the Atmos Production Suite... All that extra math the computer needs to do is not for free! I am yet to try 12.8 but it looks like fun... will check it out soon.

All the best

Bruno