Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > RTAS & TDM Plug-ins

Old 03-01-2016, 09:43 AM

Default Creative Collection won't install with PT8 LE

I had to re-install PT8 LE due to a replaced hard drive, and with many roadblocks ad workarounds have finally got it to re-install. During the installation, it asks you to select (or de-select) whichever items you want to be installed with PT - including Creative Collection, the plugin set which includes Xpand2, MiniGrand, etc.
I've installed it 3 times now, each time asking it to install those plugins, and it will not. Why not?
Now PT opens "okayyyy...." but plugins are not accessible; in fact if i do an in-computer search (Windows7) the only Xpand files available are in the installation folder which I downloaded from Avid (I have a purchased CD but it's not loading; apparently using it twice was too much for it). They're sizable files, (file type ".big"); for expand about 1.46G. So that must be the file that needs to be installed. But how???
Any help would be appreciated; I've wasted days with this re-install.
Old 03-01-2016, 01:23 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools LE 8 plug-ins won't load or re-install

The following article shows it’s an old problem with a Mac solution, which only works if you’ve the 5 plug-ins in your digidesign plug-ins folder.

I don’t have any of my AIR plug-ins that came with Pro Tools LE 8
http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/...ro-tools-le-8/

I don’t have any of my AIR plug-ins that came with Pro Tools LE 8
• Article #33094
• Updated on Apr 17, 2012 at 7:06 PM
WARNING: You must have the plug-ins in your digidesign plug-ins folder (MacHD>library>digidesign>plug-ins) for the following to work. If not then you must receive a digidelivery from digidesign in order to install the actual plug-ins.
Download Tinker Tools (right hand side of page)
http://www.bresink.de/osx/0TinkerTool/download.html
Now doubleclick it Tinkertools to open, check ‘show hidden and system files’ at the top.
Click ‘relaunch Finder’
You can do the following with a PT 8 download or from the actual disk if you own one.
Extract the Pro Tools v80.dmg so you can see Installer and Uninstaller icons.
Go to the Pro Tools Installer (white hard drive) and stretch the window out. Now instead of just install and uninstall icons, you’ll see a light blue “hidden” folder titled Pro Tools LE Installer, double click that and inside will be the 5 Creative Collection Content folders. (Boom, Minigrand, Structure Free, Vacuum, Xpand2)
Drag those 5 folders of content to Applications / Digidesign / Pro Tools Creative Collection (create this folder if it’s missing)
Now go to my Digidelivery email to download the plug-ins themselves.
Old 03-01-2016, 02:08 PM

Moderators (or anyone who’s successfully used the following workaround) – please advise if this suggestion is feasible, as the OP (themcool88) needs the Creative Collection RTAS versions for Pro Tools 8 LE on Win7 64 (and I think the RTAS versions included in the Pro Tools 10 Installers should work in Pro Tools 8 LE).

Suggested steps:

Uninstall Pro Tools 8 LE.

Download and install Avid Virtual Instruments 10.
http://secure.digidesign.com/service...rticleId=43692
or
http://secure.digidesign.com/service...rticleId=43732

Avid Virtual Instruments 10.0 Installer (Win) [2592.73 MB]

Discard the 32bit AAX versions - keep the RTAS (.dpm and .dpm.rsr) versions.
RTAS Folder = C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins
AAX32 Folder = C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins

Then install PT LE 8 and updates.

(Fingers crossed!)
Old 03-01-2016, 09:55 PM

Thank you so much for your research, info and your kind call from the other side of the planet today, unkJE! Have had some personal issues here but will get on your suggests ASAP.