Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2005, 01:59 AM

Default CHECK THIS OUT! A Product For Recording Guitar..

I just bought myself an axetrak for my Pro tools home studio and it sounds awesome. Its a small isolation cabinet half the size of a milk crate. I didnt believe the clips on the website were real so i checked it out for myself. I plugged it in and IT SOUNDED GREAT. I couldnt find one in any music stores so i bought it off their website. I can record warm clean tones as well as thick distorted tones no problem Using pro tools. I usually record with my marshall JCM 900 and SM57... With Axetrak my rhythms are tight and my leads are even Sweeter. There are a bunch of sound clips on their website if you want to check it out...
www.axetrak.com

Has anybody else tried it? what do u think about the sound?
Old 02-14-2005, 03:38 AM

Default Re: CHECK THIS OUT! A Product For Recording Guitar..

Too obvious! Never posted before on the DUC huh?
Old 02-14-2005, 06:09 AM

He he he! Nice try, but what a great idea!
Old 02-14-2005, 07:34 AM

This sort of iso box has been around forever and this guy should have his post at least moved to the buy/sell forum or deleted..Joined today. First post. Reads like an ad.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:52 AM

i have one and i too really dig it. i live in a small apartment (NYC) and was desperate to find something that sounded good. i hate the Pod and all other simulators so this was sorta the last resort. It does have its obvious downsides. Clearly, you aren't able to choose different mics or mic'ing combos. While the sound is very pleasing (if you own an amp you really dig) there is an audible "boxiness" that is imparted. There are also some headroom issues. With that said, when i first got it i played guitar for 5 hours and came back for more the next day. Every experience with software has been uninspiring and discouraging. Hope you enjoy it.